*If Cerrone manages to beat Lawler, you'll it was due to...*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
1. Woodley took Lawler's soul and his chin, and Cerrone knocked him out wirh a high kick + punch combo.

2. Lawler gassed out and Cerrone gets the 3rd round and a close decision.

3. Cerrone somehow made him tap.

Unfortunately Lawler may never look the same after those wars he was in.

Still the God of Violence
robbie-lawler-reacts-to-his-victory-over-rory-macdonald-in-their-ufc-picture-id480448724

sorry for Cowboy but a brutal KO is coming for him

Its crazy that Robbie Lawler was a fighter pre-Karo Parisyan,GSP,Joe Riggs,Diego Sanchez era fighters!

Yeeeeah.. Cowboy is getting put out. I admire his willingness to fight anyone, but he can't take the punishment RL will be dishing out.

at this point it doesnt even matter. Lawler has the jbg as his manager. Forever a fan win or lose.

Donald doesn't move his head and he stands too tall. Condit is the same and he got put on his ass multiple times despite having a god tier chin.

Its crazy that Robbie Lawler was a fighter pre-Karo Parisyan,GSP,Joe Riggs,Diego Sanchez era fighters!
Once in a while I remember that too. Watching him in SF I kept thinking he should hang it up.

If cowboy finds his groove early and let's his 4-5 hit combinations flow, he may very well f#k up Lawler.

If 5th round Lawler shows up in round 1, Cerone will be Lit up with in the minute.

Very exciting fight and I highly doubt this fight sees the 3rd round

Only way Cerrone wins is if Lawler is totally shot which he could be. I like Cerrone but he just isn't an elite level fighter. He always comes up short in big profile fights. I would rate Cerrone as an A- level fighter.

It's one of those weird fights where both are kind of bad match ups for each other. Robbie has sharpened his striking up big time, but he's had a weakness against guys who can kick and keep him at a distance with long punches. Cerrone is one of the most creative strikers at WW.

Then again, Cerrone seems to crumble under heavy hitters who bring it to him. Masvidal, RDA and Nate all proved that.

If either one weren't coming off a bad KO loss, I'd give them the nod over the other. They both got put away badly in their last fights though, so it'll be interesting to see how each guy comes in. I'm siding with Lawler because he's a killer and I doubt a KO loss will set his instincts back too much. If ever there was a fight where Lawler's style could be put to good use, it's against Cerrone.

Fuck it, who cares what happens, we all win regardless.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if Cerrone won this fight. Between the Hendricks I, MacDonald II, and Condit fights I believe Lawler took more damage than most championship level fighters take in their entire top level careers. There's a point where the body simply can not take the abuse anymore, and it deterioates at a rapid pace.

That said, hoping for a vintage Lawler performance.

Only way Cerrone wins is if Lawler is totally shot which he could be.
I think if Lawler respects Donald too much and stays on the outside he will give cerrone a chance. If he comes out and just pressures cowboy from the start I can see him getting a quick finish. Its hard to kick if you're constantly being pressured and cowboy doesn't have the power in his hands to stop Robbie. One thing I respect about Robbie is he's coming to throw down, its almost guaranteed he won't lay and pray.

Only way Cerrone wins is if Lawler is totally shot which he could be. I like Cerrone but he just isn't an elite level fighter. He always comes up short in big profile fights. I would rate Cerrone as an A- level fighter.
Dude has won 12 out of his last 14 fights. He's lost to 4 people in 25 UFC fights and beaten two former champs.

What does someone have to do to be considered an 'elite' fighter on Sherdog? The word seems to be interchangeable with GOAT. Even then, you can be a GOAT one minute and be overrated the next fight.

It wouldn't suprise me at all if Cerrone won this fight. Between the Hendricks I, MacDonald II, and Condit fights I believe Lawler took more damage than most championship level fighters take in their entire top level careers. There's a point where the body simply can not take the abuse anymore, and it deterioates at a rapid pace.

That said, hoping for a vintage Lawler performance.
I do like Lawler a lot and I agree with all the damage he took.
he reached the top and I would like to see him retire before something happens to him

I don't think Lawler has to pressure Cerrone as some have suggested. As creative as Cerrone's offensive striking is, he is awfully hittable. Lawler won't be at any size or reach disadvantage and he's good enough to land on Cerrone at range. My money is on Lawler knocking Cerrone stupid...er

Dude has won 12 out of his last 14 fights. He's lost to 4 people in 25 UFC fights and beaten two former champs.

What does someone have to do to be considered an 'elite' fighter on Sherdog? The word seems to be interchangeable with GOAT. Even then, you can be a GOAT one minute and be overrated the next fight.

He always chokes in big fights. Came up short to Henderson twice, Pettis, RDA twice, and Masvidal. His biggest win is over Henderson in the rubber match but Henderson was past his prime at that point. Eddie Alvarez was a good win at the time but all the rest of his biggest wins are B level fighters at best like Rick Story and Patrick Cote.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out he isn't on the same level of Robbie Lawler. Both guys have been around long enough and fought enough we know who they are and about what to expect.

He always chokes in big fights. Came up short to Henderson twice, Pettis, RDA twice, and Masvidal. His biggest win is over Henderson in the rubber match but Henderson was past his prime at that point. Eddie Alvarez was a good win at the time but all the rest of his biggest wins are B level fighters at best like Rick Story and Patrick Cote.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out he isn't on the same level of Robbie Lawler. Both guys have been around long enough and fought enough we know who they are and about what to expect.
Pettis and RDA are former champs. Masvidal is an old school fighter who's never gotten to show why he's such a killer.

I dunno, you can downplay anyone's wins when you just look at the negatives. Fedor fought mostly cans, and got badly hurt in heaps of the big fights he was in and won, but he's the HW GOAT. Saying that, you probably wouldn't agree with that, either.

Take another look at Cerrone's resume. ALL his fights bar a select few were against top 20 opponents. Half were in the top 10, a big chunk being top 5. He was on an 8 fight win streak going into the RDA championship. Also, how easy is it to counter and say "oh but so-and-so was past their prime by then" when fighter x beats fighter y. With that mentality, everyone is either overrated or past their prime as soon as they are dusted by another fighter who you aren't impressed with.

Yeah, he chokes in the big fights, but someone has to lose. In 20 UFC fights he's won decisively and only lost to 4 guys. He's fought for the belt and beaten former champs. Again, we have differing opinions of 'elite'.

Back