Get in this thread if you think Maia's gonan beat Twood

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the look of sherdog when our almighty African-American welterweight champion gives Mr.blanket some NyQuil.

I'm so confident in this match up, I'll take ALL and ANY bets from anyone here who thinks Maia has a shot in hell.

The man has no chance and it's plain as day. Too slow, too stiff with his striking, very little fluidity in his takedowns...the man dives for a leg and sometimes doesn't even finish the takedown. When he takes those first few shots and gets easily shrugged off by Woodley strength and takedown defense...he's a sitting duck for the KO that's coming his way.

This is going to be really ugly.

If you want come in here just to shit on Twood or me for my bold prediction
tumblr_ogt0g8mReQ1vkklxxo1_400.gif

I think T-Wood should be the favorite, but you're batshit crazy if you think Maia doesn't have a shot. I'd love to see the look on your face if Maia runs through Tyron like a hot knife through butter on the ground.

Woodley will probably KO him, but this thread is absolutely retarded.

I can't wait to see the look of sherdog when our almighty African-American welterweight champion gives Mr.blanket some NyQuil.

I'm so confident in this match up, I'll take ALL and ANY bets from anyone here who thinks Maia has a shot in hell.

The man has no chance and it's plain as day. Too slow, too stiff with his striking, very little fluidity in his takedowns...the man dives for a leg and sometimes doesn't even finish the takedown. When he takes those first few shots and gets easily shrugged off by Woodley strength and takedown defense...he's a sitting duck for the KO that's coming his way.

This is going to be really ugly.

If you want come in here just to shit on Twood or me for my bold prediction, do sum bout it
tumblr_ogt0g8mReQ1vkklxxo1_400.gif
I'm definitely rooting for Maia, however, it's impossible to forget this...

Nate-Marquardt-vs-Demian-Maia-mma-7955542-500-334.jpg

Saying no chance is a stretch. Don't underestimate the backpack.

if you cant forget that, then how could you have forgatten what the same dude did to twood, that was by far the most brutal ko combo evern seen on mma.

Damn, this guy is taking the favorite. Will anyone be brave enough to answer the call?

What an absolute badass

if you cant forget that, then how could you have forgatten what the same dude did to twood, that was by far the most brutal ko combo evern seen on mma.
Maia is not Marquardt. Maia will not one-punch T-Wood, or anyone, ever.

What in God's name does it even mean that you will "take ALL and ANY bets from anyone who thinks that Maia has a shot in hell?"

If the fight goes to a close decision (let's say, 48-47 on all three judges' cards for T-Wood or a split decision in favor of the champ) does that mean you lose the bet?

Last edited:
He has a good chance the first round. He's getting old and doesn't look like he can go 5 let alone 3 hard rounds.
He would be a destroyer with a 10 min first round.
Woodley is hard to get down, it's just a tough matchup for maia.
The speed, the athleticism . Looking forward ot the fight and rooting for Maia.

The truth is, I would have read this even if it said "get your ass in this thread if you think Twood's gonna beat Maia"

Both are elite but flawed. Just the kind of match I love, because both guys will be live dogs throughout.

I think Maia takes it via T-Wood being too basic.

I know that it will be hard to get Woodley down but tbh if Maia gets him on his back or takes his back its just over

Yeah, because Woodley fights just like Marquardt and to this day we still see Maia throwing out headkicks with no setups at all...

Maia might get KTFO but that fight does not really shed any light to how this fight will go. Now if Maia walks out there and spams headkicks and gets KTFO for it then I'll eat my words but I highly doubt that happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back