Realistic fights GSP would actually take

MysticCam

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Realistic based on Weight class and it actually happening. Seems like since GSP ducked a Hendricks rematch he'll only take fights he thinks are easy. Here's my list of fights the duck might actually take

1.Bisping
2.Conor at 170
3.Maia at 170 if he was the champ
4.Nate at 170

Definitely no:
1.Woodley
2.Anyone top 15 at MW besides Bisping

Any others I'm missing?

Serra 3 to complete the trilogy.

GSP is a fraud. He doesn't want to challenge himself, he wants an easy fight. Georges "Safe" Pierre strikes again.

Realistic based on Weight class and it actually happening. Seems like since GSP ducked a Hendricks rematch he'll only take fights he thinks are easy. Here's my list of fights the duck might actually take

1.Bisping
2.Conor at 170
4.Nate at 170

Definitely no:
1.Woodley

Any others I'm missing?

I think you pretty well nailed it. If Woodley wins this weekend it locks up the Bisping vs GSP matchup.

1.Bisping
2.Conor at 170
4.Nate at 170

Definitely no:
1.Woodley

Any others I'm missing?
Anderson Silva

I really don't care anymore, if he ever fights again it will just be a weird side thing I think honestly. Seems like most of the excitement has died off

I really don't care anymore, if he ever fights again it will just be a weird side thing I think honestly. Seems like most of the excitement has died off

If the UFC legit knew he couldnt return until around October because of his eye they screwed up by announcing it way too far in advance

I honestly don't think he will ever fight Anderson UNLESS Anderson is still fighting in 4-6 years

So you think GSP is ducking people, yet three of the four fights you think he'd accept are against either current champions or someone fighting for a title this weekend?

That said, I agree with StrangerToGod -- I'm a huge GSP fan but at the moment don't really care either way about his comeback. But I don't blame him for the false alarm nearly as much is I blame the UFC for staging the press conference with Bisping, for a fight that wasn't even signed.

Beating Bisping (not a gimmie fight) and collecting a belt to show he is still relevant would almost guarantee his next fight would be McGregor.

If Maia pulls off the upset I fully expect for GSP to fight him as I think its a safer fight for him than Bisping.

he'd take conor but bc of his summer acting schedule it'd need to be in oct of 2026.

So you think GSP is ducking people, yet three of the four fights you think he'd accept are against either current champions or someone fighting for a title this weekend?

That said, I agree with StrangerToGod -- I'm a huge GSP fan but at the moment don't really care either way about his comeback. But I don't blame him for the false alarm nearly as much is I blame the UFC for staging the press conference with Bisping, for a fight that wasn't even signed.

He should have come back when Lawler was champ. Woodley scares the life out of him

1.Bisping
2.Conor at 170
4.Nate at 170

Definitely no:
1.Woodley

Any others I'm missing?
I think he would fight Woodley but with Whit out until 2018 GSP/Bisping in November is looking like a for sure match!

Back