Ufcs HW division finally getting new blood

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Junior Albinis impressive debut sheds some light on how much the Ufc has really bolstered their Hw division the last 2 or 3 years.

Adding Ngannou, Curtis Blaydes, Alexander Volkov, Chase Sherman, Derrick Lewis, Justin Ledet , Aleksey Oleneik and Albini has really added quite a bit of talent to a formerly stale division. Add the signed guys who havent debuted like Olympic Wrestler Arjhan Bhuller, the Dmitris, Sosnovskiy and Poberezhets, Adam Wieczorek and that Brazilian Roy Nelson dude and we might have something here.

Outside of Ngannou and Lewis none of these guys have been matched up with a legit elite hw but imo it wont be long before Volkov, Blaydes, Ledet are getting into title contention.

Anyone else fairly impressed with the new Hws?

Sign minikov and we'll talk.

Also, id like to see Lewis v Sergei.. Don't care he's old.

Sign minikov and we'll talk.

Also, id like to see Lewis v Sergei.. Don't care he's old.

Yea fuck signing prospects sign a fat old guy who just got creamed by a can less than a year ago and another guy who's under contract for another org?

Heavyweight is the true weightclass. Actual fighting without handicaps. Welterweight on down is just leftovers.

I'm a big fan of Justin Ledet and think he'll go far. Derrick Lewis and Chase Sherman are fun to watch as well although I think they have more flaws than Ledet. Think the UFC has done great at adding talent to the division though, they can't help it if most HWs wind up being terrible, they continue to sign and some will stick.

Yea fuck signing prospects sign a fat old guy who just got creamed by a can less than a year ago and another guy who's under contract for another org?

WOW.. You're still doing the UFC shill thing?? I've been out of here for a few years and you're still here bangin. Kind of cool, actually.

Yeah, Sergei lost a fight. Would pick him against Lewis.

Minikov would be available soon, I would think. And YES, you sign him. Also, lol at "prospects" with Oleneik on there.

I'm a big fan of Justin Ledet and think he'll go far. Derrick Lewis and Chase Sherman are fun to watch as well although I think they have more flaws than Ledet. Think the UFC has done great at adding talent to the division though, they can't help it if most HWs wind up being terrible, they continue to sign and some will stick.

Yea i think most of the new guys like Coulter, Willis, Godbeer and on flame out. Sherman i think ends up similar to Mitrione fringe top 10 to 15 guy (reminds me of Mitrione because of how well he moves as a hw).

Im also high on Ledet. Hes got legit hands. Albini vs Ledet would be fireworks

volkov is subpar at best. but hey, he's still quite young

WOW.. You're still doing the UFC shill thing?? I've been out of here for a few years and you're still here bangin. Kind of cool, actually.

Yeah, Sergei lost a fight. Would pick him against Lewis.

Minikov would be available soon, I would think. And YES, you sign him. Also, lol at "prospects" with Oleneik on there.

Right because you know im a shill because im talking about new relevant fighters but youre not when all you can say us blah, blah fuck Ngannou they should a one dimensional, overweight guy who wants to fight in multiple orgs which the Ufc doesnt do.

Btw Sergeis like the 10th best Russian Hw. There are way more interesting hws than him in Russia.

Also yes hed beat Lewis but Oleneik (who i didnt call a.prospect) and Blaydes would slaughter him. Cause you know styles make fights

Right because you know im a shill because im talking about new relevant fighters but youre not when all you can say us blah, blah fuck Ngannou they should a one dimensional, overweight guy who wants to fight in multiple orgs which the Ufc doesnt do.

Btw Sergeis like the 10th best Russian Hw. There are way more interesting hws than him in Russia.

Also yes hed beat Lewis but Oleneik (who i didnt call a.prospect) and Blaydes would slaughter him. Cause you know styles make fights

I'll watch the hell out of ngannous next fight. I don't hate the UFC HW division.

I'll watch the hell out of ngannous next fight. I don't hate the UFC HW division.

Im just saying Sergeis old and he will never sign an exclusive contract. He likes to fight too much. Hes just not an option. Im sure the Ufc us very interested in Minakov but you know contract stuff.

Watch a couple of Justin Ledets fights you wont be disappointed. Hes not Ngannou but hes a talented dude

Yea i think most of the new guys like Coulter, Willis, Godbeer and on flame out. Sherman i think ends up similar to Mitrione fringe top 10 to 15 guy (reminds me of Mitrione because of how well he moves as a hw).

Im also high on Ledet. Hes got legit hands. Albini vs Ledet would be fireworks

Missed Albini's debut but Timothy Johnson is no joke. Willis may have the best chance out of those 3 you listed of doing anything but ya the other two won't last. I think your Sherman comparison is appropriate although honestly I don't even know if he will be that good. Dude gets hit a ton and even his last fight was getting hit with slow over hand rights. His offense is great and varied for a HW though.

Yeo I posted the same thing about 6 months ago and got called a troll though; so best of luck convincing people the weightclass is improved.

Even vanilla "I look like a HW Brian Stann" gorilla added something interesting to the division with his last performance. HW is on the way up, even if it has a ways to go.

Yeo I posted the same thing about 6 months ago and got called a troll though; so best of luck convincing people the weightclass is improved.

Its sherdog people bitch about fighters like Conor getting all the promotion buf only pay attention to big name fighters.

Mma is the only sport where hardcore fans are less open to up and coming talent than casual fans. Theyd rather hang on the nuts of fighter 8 years past their prime

I always like the HW division, and it has needed new blood for a while now. The top 10 has been the same damn fighters for so long, I'm hoping in the next year or two it is filled with new talent. I expect big things from Tybura and I didn't see a mention on here. Minakov would be a huge addition, and Sergei would be also in terms of entertainment.

I'd like to see Rumble make a HW return + murder everyone in the first round.
(Yeah he'd take out Arlovski as well now)

How did you forget Tybura?
Shame on you TS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back