Luke Rockhold vs Gegard Mousasi. Who would have won?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would have won this fight? I see Mousasi (4 straight KO wins) knocking out questionably chinned Rockhold in the 3rd round.

Thoughts?

Mousasi via TKO. Luke reacts way too much to feints. Mousasi grappling is his weak point though, but I don't think Luke is a pressure grappler.

Thanks to the UFC and their pathetic lack of organisation and respect for great fighters we will probably never know.

I picture Luke getting on top at some point and butchering Moose.

Luke and quite handily imo. This is why Moose REALLY went to Bellator. He knows fighting the elite of the division will be no picnic.

GEMO over LURO by TKO or Bispingesque KO. cuckhold's chin looks shot.

Luke has nice kicks but Mousasi has better hands.

It would be very interesting to see the fight go to to the mat. I just dont think Luke has that great of takedowns.

I actually think Gegard's chin would be the difference. He can take a lot of punishment. I think it is more likely Moose gets the finish than Luke.

I take Moose by KO in round 3

Last edited:
Rockhold is very slick on the ground - Jacare sonned Moose twice - I think I'd pick Luke.

EDIT: Jacare beat Gegard once, not sure why I thought he won the first fight. Pick remains the same though I think Luke would win.

Last edited:
I favour Mousasi.

It's funny, because I think Rockhold's style of grappling is one that could cause Mousasi major problems. Heavy ground and pound and top control, smooth transitions, unorthodox attacks, etc. But his inability to reliably hit takedowns is what fucks him.

On the feet, his style of striking is terrible against Mousasi. Kick based southpaw with shitty boxing and no head movement? Mousasi would kill him.

Crazy how many people are picking Moose. Rockholds kicks and grappling give him the edge imo

Back