Fights that destroyed relationships?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
With the Chris Weidman win and Matt Serra giving interviews, I saw in one Matt Serra archive that, he and his brother have become estranged. This was due to the fact that, before the Serra-GSP rematch, Nick was shitting on GSP for tapping out to strikes and saying to GSP " You a fighter dude?"

Then Nick Serra had that butt scoot incident. Afterwards, Matt literally changed the gym keys and kicked Nick out of the gym. I know some people would point out Joey Scorola though his problem was going back on his commitment while Nick was more about portraying a character failing to live up to it in the cage.

Made me wonder, has there been fights that ruined relationships?

I wanted to say Rashad/Jones but that needed to happen and it was more business than personal.

Arlovski/Overeem??

When Ronda fought, I told my neighbors they weren't invited over

When Evangelista lost to Nick Diaz, he and lady borg went thier separate ways.

tito would have you believe that he and chuck were best friends prior to their fights.

i got one but im not drunk enough to post in such poor taste. perhaps later

Arlovski/Overeem??

Not aware of that situation, though this thread is the opposite of Vegeta/Goku...lol irony.

How the hell did the username Vegeta not get taken until a couple months ago? lol

Also Tito/Chuck, but the deepness of any possible friendship depends on who you talk to.

Angela Magana managed to get herself thrown out of Brandon Vera's Alliance MMA because Cris Cyborg punched the "trifling c*nt" in the mouth...

Oh boy... there used to be a vegeta that posted here who got called out on front street and flamed to holy hell back in the days. Lol

He picked some random chicks pic off the web and tried to pass it off as his "gf."

That went over well.

With the Chris Weidman win and Matt Serra giving interviews, I saw in one Matt Serra archive that, he and his brother have become estranged. This was due to the fact that, before the Serra-GSP rematch, Nick was shitting on GSP for tapping out to strikes and saying to GSP " You a fighter dude?"

Then Nick Serra had that butt scoot incident. Afterwards, Matt literally changed the gym keys and kicked Nick out of the gym. I know some people would point out Joey Scorola though his problem was going back on his commitment while Nick was more about portraying a character failing to live up to it in the cage.

Made me wonder, has there been fights that ruined relationships?

I wanted to say Rashad/Jones but that needed to happen and it was more business than personal.

I was at the butt scoot fight. It was so bad.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but TJ winning the title was probably the beginning of the end of him and TAM.

When Ronda fought, I told my neighbors they weren't invited over

Heh. That's actually what I thought this thread was going to be about at first. When Cain fought JDS the first time right when the fight was starting my wife and I realized that I was rooting for Cain and she was rooting for JDS. It was funny (to us) after the fact.

Amanda Nunes beat some sense into Miesha and she not only retired but dumped Brian as well.

Back