is Cain the worst thing to ever happen to the UFC? +++PREMIUM CONTENT INSIDE+++

P

Pwent

not saying he isnt a great and entertaining fighter, but from the UFC's POV, he has been a nightmare

1-beats their cash cow brock
xWMXbhowEMnR_pBVsSIzMY6Fa_FsCp3mp0cdZVXbQLQ.gif

2-gets a bit of a fanbase for being mexican and beating brock but then gets injured and sits out for a year
Cain-Surgery-PNG.png

3-UFC decides to invest in him and puts him on Fox debut with an hour long build up to the fight, holds the fight in southern california to try to build a mexican fanbase, hoping its a bonnar/forrest fight but he just gets ko'd in like a minute
24awkward_ufconfox_joerogan.gif

4-UFC tries to switch gears and ride the JDS ko machine train but cain wins the rematch, doing career changing damage to junior in their two fights
jdsface.gif

5-after the second junior fight, sits out with the belt for like 2 years
Cain-Surgery-PNG.png

6-UFC takes a gamble on him and tries to use him to promote UFC in mexico, puts him on headline of UFC mexcio city card and he gets finished for the second time
ILk5C9F.gif

how will cane mess up dana's plans next??

haha I love the hospital pic. You don't even need the words TS, just post the pics they tell the entire story. Good stuff. Yes Cain is a gingerbread man, he could have been a top 10 all time great had he not been so brittle.

It's unfortunate that he's been sidelined so often, because healthy Cain was such a beast. Unfortunately we don't get to see healthy Cain very often.

Leaving AKA would be the best move for him.

giphy.gif

Clearly the worst thing to happen...

It's unfortunate that he's been sidelined so often, because healthy Cain was such a beast. Unfortunately we don't get to see healthy Cain very often.

Leaving AKA would be the best move for him.

i agree, hes entertaining as hell. his wins are bloodbaths

its just funny that the two times he lost are when the UFC really needed him to win and his losses were bad finishes. anytime they put their promotion against them, he murders his opponent lol

Lesnar-5.gif

This guy was on his way to GOAT status but all the damn injuries. Will we ever see a healthy Cain make another title run... I doubt it.

Unequivocally, objectively yes

I don't even know where to begin. He started his career by fighting actual exciting guys like Kongo and Rothwell. Kongo was ill-prepared but was actually exciting at the time, TKOing various people. Despite Kongo taking the fight on short notice, he still embarrassed Cain in the standup by knocking him down like 7 times in the 3 seconds the fight was on the feet. He won by laying on him and "controlling" him on the ground. Then he beat Rothwell with one of the worst stoppages of all time.

His "prime" consisted of alternating fights between JDS and Bigfoot, two guys he matches up well against. JDS is terrible defensively/against the cage. He changed the way JDS fought, someone who was one of the most exciting HWs ever. Despite the fact that his prime was fighting 2 (two) people, we still have his insufferable fanbase telling everyone about how he's the GOAT even though that statement has no basis in reality.

The first time he fought someone who was a moderately bad matchup for him in Werdum, he got absolutely fucking murked. Then he unironically made "sea level" excuses which people for some reason got behind. And of course, his rampant injuries. He turned exciting fighters into defensive, passive fighters and held up the division for years.

Cain is the worst thing to ever happen to the HW division, by a mile

cain got that harley davidson money. he's content being hood rich for now..... probably nursing a back injury too, my god have you seen that kettlebell video?

I like how you posted hospital pics repeatedly lol

i agree, hes entertaining as hell. his wins are bloodbaths

its just funny that the two times he lost are when the UFC really needed him to win and his losses were bad finishes. anytime they put their promotion against them, he murders his opponent lol

Lesnar-5.gif

Yep. By the way, I like your user name, as you should guess by my AV.

conor is making them more money than any other fighter in the history of their org
One fighter making them money when he actually participates in MMA.

Every other top fighter demanding more money and not defending against top contenders because of it.

One PPV Conor selling a million =! Weaker negotiating terms forever for the company

I think he'll dethrone Miocic, the most dominate HW champ we've had in awhile, and then sit out for another year.

"If you can count, don't count on Cain".....He's on another hiatus, I'm done having faith he'll show up fight night. He's bad for business

His "prime" consisted of alternating fights between JDS and Bigfoot, two guys he matches up well against
That's an interesting thing to point out. So sad to see 2 years wasted in only rematches.

Maybe Cain ain't the best for the business side of the UFC.. but so what he is a great fighter.

Cain-Gets-In-There.gif

War Cain.. soon... we shall see whats what.

giphy.gif

How he derailed the UFC's JDS-Cain hype-switch attempt (hype Cain, Cain loses, hype JDS, Cain beats him silly) and his loss to Werdum in Mexico after another Cain-hype attempt alone makes him the worst thing to ever happen to the UFC hype machine.

Back