What would make you not a fan of a fighter that you currently are a fan of?

kevo1295

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
PED's, missing weight, losing streak, ducking, dirty tactics, criminal charges, etc.?

What would your fav. fighter have to do in order for you to dislike them.

To stop being an active vocal fan but still like and root for: gaming the system (such as egregious ducking).
To still like watching fight but stop rooting for: PEDs and dirty tactics.
To dislike: meaningful criminal conviction.

Used to be disrespecting a fighter and his family. But now its mainly ducking opponents. Really wanted Mighty Mouse - Dillashaw. Now I might laugh if he gets Borg'd.

Yell and scream non stop like a teenager on her period
{<Mcgoat}

If they played the system the way Weidman tried to against Mousasi.

In order for me to dislike Chael he would have to get removed from political office, arrested, charged with money laundering and test positive for PED's...oh wait...

Who am I kidding, gotta love the American Gangster

I can watch any fighter fight regardless of what they have done, but as far as losing my fanship goes....child or domestic abuse, Trump supporter, poor sportsmanship, dirty tactics, PROVEN WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT PED user.

Im ok with ducking as long as they aren't holding a belt. No shame in acknowledging another guy is a better than you and you not wanting your brains scrambled for some Reebok cash and 2 pairs of shoes.

PED's, missing weight, losing streak, ducking, dirty tactics, criminal charges, etc.?

What would your fav. fighter have to do in order for you to dislike them.
If they were starting to get beat up and then tried to game the rules in order to get a DQ. That's just awful

Which is why teh Chris is not my boy

Guys like Fedor and Saku would have to be proven of molesting children or something for me to stop being a fan

I can watch any fighter fight regardless of what they have done, but as far as losing my fanship goes....child or domestic abuse, Trump supporter, poor sportsmanship, dirty tactics, PROVEN WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT PED user.

Im ok with ducking as long as they aren't holding a belt. No shame in acknowledging another guy is a better than you and you not wanting your brains scrambled for some Reebok cash and 2 pairs of shoes.
Would you really stop liking an MMA fighter if they supported Trump?

1. Beat the shit out of me (or a loved one)
  2. Fail to entertain me
These guys can generally do whatever they want as long as it's entertaining. A fighter can lie cheat and steal all he wants as long as he cuts a good promo or goes to war in the cage.

When they focus more on gymnastics than MMA.

To stop being an active vocal fan but still like and root for: gaming the system (such as egregious ducking).
To still like watching fight but stop rooting for: PEDs and dirty tactics.
To dislike: meaningful criminal conviction.

same

This kind of thing can taint a fighter for me. I don't stop liking a fighter per se, but I typically wish I didn't know that information. It's like finding out your buddy is into Cleveland Steamers.

This kind of thing can taint a fighter for me. I don't stop liking a fighter per se, but I typically wish I didn't know that information. It's like finding out your buddy is into Cleveland Steamers.
I hate Trump as much as the next intelligent person, but I wouldn't stop liking a cage fighter because of their political leanings.

Lol, I'm not looking to these hooligans for anything but how good they are at kicking was.

And c'mon dude...have you never felt the love of a warm dookie on your chest????

1. Beat the shit out of me (or a loved one)
  2. Fail to entertain me
These guys can generally do whatever they want as long as it's entertaining. A fighter can lie cheat and steal all he wants as long as he cuts a good promo or goes to war in the cage.
cyclops vs mr sinister

Let me start by saying that Im not a "liberal cuck" that supports Hillary. There was no "winning" that last election. I can understand people hating Hillary enough that they would vote for another...out of the norm option. ..but, what i can not understand is anyone that actually thinks Trump is a GOOD option.
Though i disagree, i could understand a "I chose the lesser of 2 evils" stance, but not "Trump is great".

Again, I'll watch any fighter fight, regardless of what I think of their politics..but as far as being a fan goes, I can't be a fan of someone that has fundamental disagreements with me on things like the environment, the economy, social welfare, etc.
Ali is one of my personal heroes, and it's more because of what he did and said outside the ring than what he did in it.

Back