Just wanted to make a thread about the fact, that Yoel would destroy Weidman if they ever fought

yoelmcgregor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Then I remembered that it has already happend
<13>

Romero is better everywhere than Chris....even cardio. They are both 3 round fighters with Yoel being the superior one

And yet,Romero will never be a Champion.

Yoel is on a losing streak he needs to build himself back up. Chris is on a hot streak.

Wtf is Sherdog's obsession with Yoel Romero? I still see all sorts of comments to the effect that "Bisping's lucky he doesn't have to fight Romero now"......Guess what, he has to fight Whittaker, the guy that beat Romero's as and made him bleed from his old bald head

And yet,Romero will never be a Champion.
Idk about that he's still ranked 2 and he's one good win away from being the only real contender.
Especially if bisping wins, if Robert wins, then he may need another win.

Romero is better everywhere than Chris....even cardio. They are both 3 round fighters with Yoel being the superior one

Couldn't be more wrong. Especially the cardio lol. Yoel is a better Olympic style wrestler but Weidman however, Weidman is a MUCH better striker, grappled, submissionist and his clinch game Wreaks Yoel.
Yoel is stronger, more explosive and throws a sloppy Haymarket to set up his takedown.

Chris has a good chance of beating Yoel if he stays technical and doesn't telegraph a TD like he did. All Yoel has is TDs and flying knees. And Chris could handle his wrestling but played right into his flying knee.

Wtf is Sherdog's obsession with Yoel Romero? I still see all sorts of comments to the effect that "Bisping's lucky he doesn't have to fight Romero now"......Guess what, he has to fight Whittaker, the guy that beat Romero's as and made him bleed from his old bald head
Jesus mate, you saw that murder in MSG live
That must have been traumatizing

The most interesting thing about this thread is your comma placement in the headline

Couldn't be more wrong. Especially the cardio lol. Yoel is a better Olympic style wrestler but Weidman however, Weidman is a MUCH better striker, grappled, submissionist and his clinch game Wreaks Yoel.
Yoel is stronger, more explosive and throws a sloppy Haymarket to set up his takedown.
weidman-romero-KO.gif

Chris has a good chance of beating Yoel if he stays technical and doesn't telegraph a TD like he did. All Yoel has is TDs and flying knees. And Chris could handle his wrestling but played right into his flying knee.

Yep, I forgot which side it is that he dove on, but he dove in on the wrong side when attempting a shoot in single. If he doesn't make that mistake in the rematch, he'll cruise to a victory, like he almost did in their first fight.

Most HWs would've went out cold to that. If anything, shows how insane Chris's chin and conditioning is, that he didn't go completely out cold.

And fuuuuuuuck, the way Chris's neck snapped back and forth was scary as hell. I'm glad he didn't suffer anything really serious or permanent from that.

Yoel isn't champion material

"He just doesn't stop complaining," Bisping said. "He feels like everyone owes him something and preaches on about his father and this and that. He should shut the f**k up--he's not part of God's plan. If there is a god he's got bigger fish to fry than Chris Weidman and his f**king life."

Back