According to this article, MMA is the 13th most popular sport in the world...

313279i.jpg

Neck and neck with soccer, ya goof.

Cricket and volleyball are bigger than the NFL and baseball? I got to double check that.

Cricket and volleyball are bigger than the NFL and baseball? I got to double check that.

NFL is irrelevant outside of America.

Baseball is played in some Latin American countries & Japan but almost irrelevant as well.

Cricket is big in the British Commonwealth (25% of the world).

Volleyball is a popular recreational sport that's not huge commercially but is still an everyday familiarity for most of the world.

NFL is irrelevant outside of America.

Baseball is played in some Latin American countries & Japan but almost irrelevant as well.

Cricket is big in the British Commonwealth (25% of the world).

Volleyball is a popular recreational sport that's not huge commercially but is still an everyday familiarity for most of the world.
I guess. It just doesn't sound right. I can't name anyone who plays cricket or volleyball. I can name NFL and MLB guys and I don't watch sports.

The article is nonsense. They tried to make it look like a real survey of sports, but it's like hurr duurrrr 4 billion people are huge fans of cricket. I don't think so.

I guess. It just doesn't sound right. I can't name anyone who plays cricket or volleyball. I can name NFL and MLB guys and I don't watch sports.

Do you live in the US?

If so, your experience and cultural exposure are much different than that of people living in other countries.

Almost every aspect of American culture has been exposed and absorbed in other parts of the world but nobody seems to give a shit about (American) football and baseball. People just think of those as silly American sports when they see them in movies.

Cricket is by far the biggest sport in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh and so that's countries with about 1.7 billion people ignoring SA, NZ, Aus, England and the other countries who play.

Look at the top 10 sports stars by twitter following, 2 are Indian cricketers.

The article is nonsense. They tried to make it look like a real survey of sports, but it's like hurr duurrrr 4 billion people are huge fans of cricket. I don't think so.

Every single article out there has it at #2-3.

I was overseas a while back and watched some free UFC PPV on regular tv. They often had some of the broadcasts cut off by stuff like Womens Golf or Racing or Rowing.

Every single article out there has it at #2-3.

I don't doubt cricket is big in India, but the article is bad. They don't cite any source for their numbers and some of the sports like Ice Hockey they don't even give numbers. They just a paragraph in there.

These threads really bring out the more cultured Americans on this site...

Back