5 guys who impressed me from UFC Long Island

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Great card from top to bottom last night. Little bit of everything, some one punch ko's, some 3 round wars, slick submissions, new contenders making statements, old contenders returning to the win column, up and coming prospects making a name for themselves, and some impressive debutants as well. Awesome card all around, but heres a few names that really stuck out to me :

- Eryk Anders
Was really impressed with this guy and I think he could really go far in the division. Natal whose a veteran and no slouch at all, and Anders pretty much ran right through him, obviously an incredible athlete and at 30 years just might be coming into his prime.
Cannot wait to see this guy again.

- Alex Oliveira
Now we need to really start considering The Brazilian Cowboy as a contender at 170. Huge win for him last night and he definitely deserves a nice fight next.

- Shane Burgos
This guy is a really good up and come at 145 and got a really big win over Pepey whose been around a while, and completely dominated the fight. He looked incredible in the 1st round. I think this guy could break into the top 15 by next year, he deserves a nice step up in competition. Super fun guy to watch

- Junior Albini
Another super impressive UFC debutant in Albini last night. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this guy, but boy was I impressed, nasty striking and made a huge statement coming right in and taking out a ranked guy in devistasting fashion in the 1st round. Very classy and likeable guy on the mic as well. This guy will be a force at Heavyweight.

- Marlon Vera
I've been a fan of this guy for a little while, and I'm pretty glad to see him doing so well. He's quickly making a name for himself at 135. I was expecting Kelleher to give him some issues last night with the grappling, but Marlon showing us how well rounded he is finishing him quickly with a beautiful kimura transition in an armbar. Awesome stuff, he's coming off 2 very impressive wins, can't wait to see what's next for him

How about Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos? Dude had an amazing performance and I can't think of a lot of welterweights that would've gotten him out of there yesterday.

Marlon Vera looked amazing once again and Junior Albini looks good for Heavyweight. Also the dude speaks really good english.

I always find it hard to praise guys who cost me money because I'm a bitter cunt

Cowboy looked fucking good and dangerous though

Chase Sherman actually impressed me, fighting a bum or not he's not amazing himself and he looked like a different fighter compared to his last out

Jimmie looked a bit meh.. Almeida is good though so very credible win on his record but it wasn't without trouble

Darren Elkins is GOAT material.

I never heard of THIS Dos Santos, but I will remember him for now on! Him and Lyman Good's first fight in 2 years were both very impressive. Look forward to seeing them both fight again. BIG win for Wiedman too!

How about Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos? Dude had an amazing performance and I can't think of a lot of welterweights that would've gotten him out of there yesterday.

Dos Santos/Good was my favorite fight of the night. That was an awesome battle, Dos Santos looked great against a well known hard working fighter in Lyman Good.

How much money did Brian Stann lose on LaFlare? <45>

Everyone's picked against Brazilian Cowboy in his last couple of fights and he comes out ahead again.

Great fight card.

Elkins and Bermudez were impressive.

The Chris is still pretty questionable Imo.

Kelvin needs to hit up Dolce ( yes I know he is a douchebag but maybe find a different nutritionist then) and fight at WW. He can hang at MW but he will never hold a strap.

Back