Gastelum classy post fight presser

AtlSteel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Gives props to Weidman, talks about moving to 170, some honest self evaluation.

Gastelum is a very entertaining fighter at 170 and 185.
I hope he will get the next title shot at 170, after Woodley destroys Maia.

A classy guy, hope he polishes his diet problems and mounts up a run at the 170 belt

He was not nearly aggressive enough in that fight. I think he believed he could survive the grappling exchanges for the first three rounds and then tee of Weidman after he got tired. He should have come out guns blazing in round two after almost getting the KO.

should move to bellator coz ufc is a circus

Nothing but respect to him, looking forward to seeing his next fight, MW or WW.

He's a good dude. Took it like a man

Losing a fight is pretty hard

Gives props to Weidman, talks about moving to 170, some honest self evaluation.

I like Gastelum, he definitely needs to be a 170 lber.

He's shorter than most light weights really.
Weidman was just too big and strong for him.

He was not nearly aggressive enough in that fight. I think he believed he could survive the grappling exchanges for the first three rounds and then tee of Weidman after he got tired. He should have come out guns blazing in round two after almost getting the KO.

This. Too passive imo. Props to Chris for staying on KG, but I do believe he could have finished Weedman. I hope he fights in both WW and MW.

Gastelum has a weird style but it works for him

He's got a bright future, he'll come back stronger, that is for sure

I think he can beat Tyrone at ww, I really do. Once he hires a nutritionist and gets his diet under control he will be a serious contender

Liked him since TUF, he's really a good guy

i said the same during the fight. he wanted weidman to get tired but he didnt make him work. he let him work. he fugged up

KG is awesome always been a fan.

I was all over Weidman in this fight and I kept saying he would get a sub but dammit if I wasn't sat there nervous

Props to Kelvin

I think he can beat Tyrone at ww, I really do.
Nope, he's proven on more the one occasion that he isn't dedicated enough to be a champion. He's a good guy but I think he likes food more than becoming a champ.

Hopefully this is the fight that prompts him to get his shit together.

If he gets his weight under control he'll be a force at 170.

Gastelum is a very entertaining fighter at 170 and 185.
I hope he will get the next title shot at 170, after Woodley destroys Maia.
He's 2-2 in his last 4 fights at WW. Pull it back on the Title Shot talk.

I want to see Kelvin fight Cowboy vs Lawler winner (or loser, don't even care which). And I want to see him make weight.

My first thoughts about the fight was Kelvin was pacing himself and seemed way too relaxed. Fought like a fat guy. Needs to go to 170 and increase cardio imo. He also relies on his Cormier body for extra strength/TDD and that's not gonna cut it at MW where he is undersized

Back