Even though I was pulling for Kelvin I have to admit Chris had a beautiful and dominant performance

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Say what you want about Kelvin (that he is a bloated WW or whatever), but last night Weidman proved he is still a very dangerous fighter by finishing him in dominant fashion. Besides that one punch in the end of the 1st round, Kelvin wasn´t able to do anything to the former champ.

I thought that Weidman wouldn´t be able to compete on the feet against Kelvin and that Kelvin was gonna stop the takedowns and keep the fight on the feet using his defensive wrestling.... Well, to my surprise, Weidman was being competitive on the feet and landing some good punches and strong kicks....
20170722075246_GettyImages821038694.JPG

and he completely dominated Kelvin in the grappling, it wasn´t even close.
20170722075246_GettyImages821040140.JPG

Kicking a man while he´s down after 3 consecutive losses is easy, but we also need to give credit where credit's due. And despite the hatred some people might feel towards Weidman, we have to admit that what he said is true: that losing to 3 beasts like Luke, Yoel and Moose is no demerit, it´s just part of the fight game.

So, congratulations to Weidman for a very important win.
20170722075247_GettyImages821040408.JPG

Thoughts?

Yes, great fight.
He didn't gas in the third round, that was the biggest surprise for me.

I will never agree with his loss to Moose. It was completely the refs fuck up that lead to all the bs.

The Romero loss and Rockhold loss are legit though, even though I also believe Romero's bs between rounds was in fact that.... Bs.

Great win against a now extremely underrated fighter last night. I'd love to see Kelvin fight Jacare, Romero, Rockhold or Silva next, if he stays at MW.

Kelvin is more like a bloated LW. But Weidman looked good. We'll see how he does against a bigger opponent in his next fight.

Kelvin is more like a bloated LW. But Weidman looked good. We'll see how he does against a bigger opponent in his next fight.
The guy can't even make 170 and you think he is a 155'er? Gastelum is a great fighter and a great win for anyone. He had all the momentum and he was the favourite for fuck sakes.

Third round Weidman was the Weidman we all have been waiting for.

Derek Brunson shits all over your Anderson Silva (in terms of being a gatekeeper).
Lol that gift decision was the icing on the cake to know he is no longer in the top tier of MWs.

He did nothing in that fight. Brunson did a little more than nothing.

If Brunson was the former long time reigning MW champ, he gets the decision.

Weidman can still be champ. He can beat anyone at MW. I was impressed with his pacing and cardio.

With the right adjustments he can beat Romero and Rockhold in a rematch. Bisping would be a tough match up but he can beat him as well especially if he manages to pace himself to keep a good cardio for 5 rounds. Now that he got his confidence back I see him making another run.

But Kelvin brought it to him. He is too small for MW though. He has to go an a real diet to get back to WW.

The size difference was huge.

The way I see it Kelvin can be Top 10 at MW or champ or at the very least top 3 at WW.

I will never agree with his loss to Moose. It was completely the refs fuck up that lead to all the bs.

The Romero loss and Rockhold loss are legit though, even though I also believe Romero's bs between rounds was in fact that.... Bs.

Great win against a now extremely underrated fighter last night. I'd love to see Kelvin fight Jacare, Romero, Rockhold or Silva next, if he stays at MW.
I will never agree with his win over Anderson,
I mean, how much luck can you have.
First fight Silva was playing.
Second fight he breaks his leg.
Blablablabla.

Mousasi destroys Weidman 9/10 times.

Chris looked good, I liked how he stayed calm, I like how he recovered, liked his cardio.

My boy has his confidence back now.. towards that tittle we go and if any rematches appear along the line people will understand why so many Chris fans got from the start, those were close fights and could easily gone the other way.

Props to Kelvin too dude is a beast.

I was rooting for Kelvin too and surprised by howmany people were writing Weidman off. People forget that he lost to a absolute killer row in Rockhold, Romero and Moussasi. Ain't no middleweight is gonna go through that row undefeated, maybe Whittaker only.

I will never agree with his win over Anderson,
I mean, how much luck can you have.
First fight Silva was playing.
Second fight he breaks his leg.
Blablablabla.

Mousasi destroys Weidman 9/10 times.
You don't have to agree with it but that win is completely legit, unlike the ref giving Weidman a TKo loss over his mistake.

Mousassi 100% could legit beat Weidman if they rematched, based on their first fight. I am convinced Weidman could beat him as well, based on their first fight.

Weidman destroys any version of AS 9/10 times.....

The guy can't even make 170 and you think he is a 155'er? Gastelum is a great fighter and a great win for anyone. He had all the momentum and he was the favourite for fuck sakes.

Maybe because he stuffs his face with hamburgers every day? He has said himself that he doesn't have any discipline when it comes to diet.

The guy is 5"9 with small legs and a lot of fat on his torso. If he dieted down he would look like Kevin Lee.

Weidman can still be champ. He can beat anyone at MW. I was impressed with his pacing and cardio.

With the right adjustments he can beat Romero and Rockhold in a rematch. Bisping would be a tough match up but he can beat him as well especially if he manages to pace himself to keep a good cardio for 5 rounds. Now that he got his confidence back I see him making another run.

But Kelvin brought it to him. He is too small for MW though. He has to go an a real diet to get back to WW.

The size difference was huge.

The way I see it Kelvin can be Top 10 at MW or champ or at the very least top 3 at WW.

Bisping is really a non factor people really need to have a look at him and his wins, especially this recent ones and the way he freaking ducks top contenders left and right don't you think it's something behind that.

Basically this:

Bisping ain't that great.
dan miller - mediocre fighter at best
yoshihiro akiyama - mediocre at best
Jorge rivera - over the hill journeyman
jason miller - not a top 20 fighter
chael - lost
Brian stann - decent fighter. decent win
Vitor - trt Vitor kicked his eyeball out
Alan belcher - decent fighter. decent win
tim kennedy - smoked bisping
cung le - over the hill old man
rockhold - choked with one arm
cb dollaway - mediocre at best
thales leites - decision coulda gone either way
anderson - shoulda been a loss
rockhold - landed a lucky punch. but still landed it. good on ya
hendo - I thought hendo won. either way, he barely squeaked out a W against a 45 year old.

yeah, I'm sure I'm coming off as a hater. but I'm just not impressed with his career in the past 6-7 years.

Back