Opinion: Prime Fedor lost to Henderdson

rantajuoppo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor was still in his prime when he lost to Werdum, Henderson and Big Foot.

Athletic decline is overstated and in skills based sports the athletes usually get better as they age. MMA is a young sport and quickly went past Fedor who was unable to adapt and improve with the game.

This is the truth.

Dont know whether he was in his prime but i was stunned by his loss to Henderson

Agreed. Especially Fedors loss to Werdum has nothing to do with wear and tear but only with Werdum being a world class jits guy that caught him like he did so many others.

He needs to retire NOW, before it's too late :(

Prime or not prime doesn't even matter in that fight, Fedor was doing great but made a huge technical mistake letting Hendo an easy single leg from the bottom, and Hendo capitalized big time.

Fedor on his prime against hendo?

Some of you haters reach too much.

Google pics of him at Hendo weigh in vs earlier pride fights. He was fatter with less muscle mass.

Physically he wasn't in the same shape, he has slowed and was on the wrong side of 30 so saying he was outside his prime is fair enough.

No doubt if he had of been more committed to staying in shape and moving camp he could have held on at the top longer. Not all fighters have the same motivation especially after a decade on top.

He was looking bad before the Werdum loss, Arlovski and Rogers fights even in winning showed he was on the side.

It's true. Fedors fight IQ was extremely low. His tougness and speed carried him through his career.

Still HW GOAT to date.

If you watch Fedor career you'll see him transform from a guy that always mixed throws and punches to a basic headhunter.

Why this happened I don't know and don't much care.

Pride Fedor would murder all of them fair and square,after his perfect pride run its no secret fedor is not the same guy if you dont agree check some of his pride fights for ex against Hunt,big nog,Herring,Schilt,Coleman etc...This guy was a killer with only one emotion in his heart and eyes...Destroy the opponent...

If you watch Fedor career you'll see him transform from a guy that always mixed throws and punches to a basic headhunter.

Why this happened I don't know and don't much care.
God's will as decreed by that magic user who followed him around.

I picked Hendo to win via decision. The KO was shocking but the win wasn't to me.
Werdum's win was shocking. I never would've picked that in a million years.

Fedor was still in his prime when he lost to Werdum, Henderson and Big Foot.

Athletic decline is overstated and in skills based sports the athletes usually get better as they age. MMA is a young sport and quickly went past Fedor who was unable to adapt and improve with the game.

This is the truth.

<1> you probably dont watch any other sport, right?<1>

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

{<jordan}

He was no longer in his Prime when he fought Bigfoot, you are reaching there

Gotta say, I think Fedor at any stage of his career would lose if he charged into Werdum's guard like that.

Back