Darren Elkins' big win and next opponent

Who does Elkins beat?

• Total voters

Goodfella86

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Big congratulations to Darren Elkins. He has now been in the UFC for 7+ years and has a 13-4 record.

His win last night could arguably have been for The Decision Championship of the world. Nobody has ever out-pointed Bermudez. Bermudez was 9-0 in decisions, with 6 of those occurring in the UFC (including one over Max, which I thought was a fair decision). Elkins is now 12-2 in decisions, with all but 2 of those fights occurring in the UFC.

After perhaps the biggest win of his career, Elkins has cracked the top 10 and will almost surely fight a top fighter next.

Of the available top 10 FWs, who does he beat? Hr has already fought Stephens and lost a decision.

Aldo
Cub
Korean Zombie
Yair
Stephens

Elkins has a shot against them all, aside from maybe Aldo. Cub is a difficult guy to wrangle and control, too. I think, stylistically, Darren's best matchup is Yair. I would actually like to see him rematch Stephens, but a fight against KZ could be an interesting battle of the zombies. Your thoughts?

Might be able to beat Yair and Stephens, he gets destroyed by the rest.

He will beat aldo then aldos bum ass can disappear or move up to 155

I think with his gritty style he beats Yair and Stephens.
I think Aldo is still to good for him and I just couldn't vote against Cub but I do see Cub being able to beat him but that could just be rose tinted glasses .

KZ is not an option. He didnt hurt his knee, he destroyed it. Cant see him fighting until summer 2018.

Yair, since I have no clue why he's considered a solid top 10 fighter.

i picked Yair

i think it would be a good fight, opposite styles. and it would be good to see if Yair can stop the grind.

A win over Cub or Aldo gets him a title shot. The others are not quite there, but a win over any of them will put him in a title eliminator bout.

Regardless, Elkins might be getting his first 5-rd fight soon. I can't wait to see how he fights in the championship rounds.

MMA math is flawed buddeh.

The Chris beat vitor. Vitor beat rockhold. Rockhold beat The Chris.

Get it?

Yea i get it Elkins is mediocre as fuck and no one takes Aldo down. Lolz at you thinking Elkins outstrikes Aldo. Based on what? Beating a journeymen like Bermudez?

Yea i get it Elkins is mediocre as fuck and no one takes Aldo down. Lolz at you thinking Elkins outstrikes Aldo. Based on what? Beating a journeymen like Bermudez?

Where did i say he would outstrike aldo?

Fake news much?

Back