How long until Weidman gets another win?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Beat a fat 170 pounder last night, after a long losing streak...how long will it be until Weidman gets another win?

I personally think it will be a while, as I don't see him beating any notable 185ers other then Silva..maybe. I don't know how post USADA Weidman does against Silva but it would be interesting and it will sell

His downfall has been swift and brutal. Even though he picked up the win last night, yes he was fighting a guy who doesn't really belong at 185.

I think his chin has diminished as well. I think Machida and others hit him harder than the shot he got dropped by, and he didn't sell it at all.

Personally I don't see him beating the top guys. He might even lose to Bisping at this point.

Hard to say. One thing about Chris, he always looks for the best fighter he can get, as a contender and as champion and despite losing 3 straight, he takes the toughest fight he can get.

I think Jacare, Silva or Bisping is possible and he could win all those fights.

Beat a fat 170 pounder last night, after a long losing streak...how long will it be until Weidman gets another win?

I personally think it will be a while, as I don't see him beating any notable 185ers other then Silva..maybe. I don't know how post USADA Weidman does against Silva but it would be interesting and it will sell

Calling Gastellum a fat 170 pounder is nothing but BS, he's one of the most dangerous guys at MW. I was actually very impressed with him last night, he's looked great in all his MW fights. I expect he'l be fighting for the title at some point.

But Weidman was really on his game, with the TDs and grappling pressure. He looked better than he has in a while, at the very least he was sticking to his game plan a lot better.

They both looked great, stop being a hater.

The top guys in MW are all killers and Chris is one of them. He can beat them all,as well they can beat him.
Except Bisping. Weidman beats Bisping every time.

He'll get more wins, but he won't get the title back. In virtually never happens. Once you lose it, odds say that's it.

I really want to see the "fat 170'er" fight Silva next.

I wonder what the excuses would be when Kelvin beats him.

I really want to see the "fat 170'er" fight Silva next.

I wonder what the excuses would be when Kelvin beats him.
Maybe that he's 90 and hasn't looked good in years? When was Silva's last clear win? 2012?

Weidman vs Maia II. Maia's only hope against the goat is 5 round UD.

Calling Gastellum a fat 170 pounder is nothing but BS, he's one of the most dangerous guys at MW. I was actually very impressed with him last night, he's looked great in all his MW fights. I expect he'l be fighting for the title at some point.

But Weidman was really on his game, with the TDs and grappling pressure. He looked better than he has in a while, at the very least he was sticking to his game plan a lot better.

Weidman did look better than he has in his last few. Gastelum didn't look bad, but this fight proved he's too small to compete consistently with the top guys in the division. Weidman was much larger, and used his reach to neutralize most of Gastelum's stand up. Gastelum did well getting inside for his one knock down, but Weidman's size was too much for him in grappling. Weidman is great on the mat, but I think Gastelum would have the same issue against guys like Jacare, Romero and Rockhold.

When was Silva's last clear win? 2012?
herb-dean.gif

The Count counts imo

Before the fight: "Gastelum is a killer, Weidman sucks since USADA and is going to get wrecked". After the fight: "Gastelum is fat and needs to go back to 170, he's not big enough for 185". Everybody was talking about how good he looked at 185 too, then he gets one loss and he's suddenly too small.

Lol no Gastellum is tough as hell but he looked like a child in there compared to Weidman, the size difference was obvious the only reason the fight went as long as it did was because of how tough Gastellum is.

Kelvin is a dangerous fight, but let's face it: he doesn't belong at MW. He looked a weight class smaller than Weidman in there.

Everyone in the top 10 at MW is 6'0" or taller. Kelvin is 5'9". He's undersized for the division.

Lol no Gastellum is tough as hell but he looked like a child in there compared to Weidman, the size difference was obvious the only reason the fight went as long as it did was because of how tough Gastellum is.
Height and reach Maybe but Gastelum is huge. There are plenty of dude's that are short for their division and have done great. DC and Frankie Edgar for example.

Well, i saw that too the size difference was obvious. But Gastellum seemed to be the harder hitter, solid chin, great cardio. He looks very dangerous on the feet, but weidman's wrestling allowed him to avoid that. I don't know if other top guys can take him to the ground as easily as weidman did, and especially keep him down.

I know i'm probably in the minority here but i think he'l still do well in MW. If he fought jacare right now i'd put money on him.

Calling Gastellum a fat 170 pounder is nothing but BS, he's one of the most dangerous guys at MW.

He's 5'9 with a 71 inch reach. He made 170 and had absolutely no cardio issue. His wins at MW have been ONLY against over the hill,almost retired fighters.The size difference last night was considerable. He belongs to 170.

Kelvin is a dangerous fight, but let's face it: he doesn't belong at MW. He looked a weight class smaller than Weidman in there.

Everyone in the top 10 at MW is 6'0" or taller. Kelvin is 5'9". He's undersized for the division.

I agree he looked smaller, but not as small as that height suggests. We've seen shorter guys do very well in MMA, look at cormier, fedor, hendo. I see Gastellum as the same type of fighter. He needs to work out a few little kinks but i think he definitely belongs in this division.

well in all fairness to the chris he didn't exactly get blown out of his three losses. He was arguably up a round on Luke going into the 4th before he threw a stupid kick and got smashed as a result. He was even with Romero going into the third when that knee comes out of nowhere and puts him away. He won the first round against Mousassi before the stoppage. Listen Im not saying he should won any of these fights, quite the contrary, but Im illustrating that he didn't exactly get blown out of any of these fights. Its not like this guy just completely sucks now. he is still a top 5 guy that can beat any other mw on any given night.

Kelvin is awesome he will be back. Its not easy beating a guy with 6 inches of height and great use of range. Kelvin will struggle against taller guys like this. He struggled against magny as well.

Back