Relieved things went how they went last night

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Actually I really like Kelvin, from his style to his kinda strange mean/don'tgive a fook looking face. I was a little disappointed by him I must say: it seemed as if he did not really want to be in there, you know his friendship with Weidman and all and he was pretty undersized...not much of a fight was it? I mean the Chris would beat him 9 outta 10 times, Kelvin would only have that puncher's chance which he almost got in this fight.

Btw even though my fav did not win I am relieved: Weidman gets to keep his ass in the UFC and does not get cut, regains his confidence and puts himself in the mix for a TS, making the division even more stacked and interesting (yes I like messed up divisions with multiple potential contenders)....let's be honest here, the guy's no gatekeeper/midtier fighter, he's no slouch, just a legit contender on an unlucky losing streak and I don't like the guy at all.

On the other hand I hope gastelum gets his shit straight and goes back to WW...the guy's 5 foot 9 for goodness sake which is the same height as McGregor and it's not like he's packing tons of muscle, actually he looks kinda chubbyish for fighter standards. The only thing he has are a very wide torso and shoulders and probably has good core strenght but he's not built for MW...I mean as a 5.9 foot fighter you need to be freakish strong to fight at MW and he's just not, and yesterday's radgollind showed it, it was quite embarassing I must say...though he did surprise me on the ground, allowing The Chris no real damage, annihilating compeltely the GnP and being able to get up several times until the choke. I must say his standing game did disappoint me a little though: couldn't close the distance at all besides the knockdown punch and a few jabs and was wobbled by Weidman a few times especially in the second

I'm happy for the Chris. Kelvin's young and has plenty of time to bounce back.

Bisping & Weidman should train Branch to end Rockhold once and for all.

I love both guys, but I'm glad that Chris got the win as he really needed it. Gastelum is young and has great things ahead of him still.

Back