Weidman will make a very good gatekeeper for the next few years

rodn86

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He's a solid 5-8 ranked guy now.

His chin is completely done. Kelvin, who is very undersized for the division was able to drop him comfortably. When full size MWs get their hands on that chin it's sleep time.

He still gasses badly.

His wrestling is obviously top tier, but that's not enough alone against the elite MWs.

Weidman will find himself a very good gatekeeper for the next few years until retirement. His title days are over though.

<mma4>

I think he's more than a gatekeeper, but I agree with the sentiment.

You're not ranked high enough by the Sherbros for me to consider bookmarking your thread for bumpage.

I'm not exactly sure what the term "gatekeeper" means anymore. Seems like everyone has their own definition of what it means.

Chris guards no gates; he lives behind them in floating castles. #Stillmyboy

<Goldie11>

@Zarra @One MMA Fan

Another Guy Who picked Kelvin and look like a fool now

Criminally underrated. SMH

Get out your shield TS Weidman pube danglers are going to attack.

I'm not exactly sure what the term "gatekeeper" means anymore. Seems like everyone has their own definition of what it means.

For me it's the guy who sits between those good enough to challenge the titleholder the those who aren't.

Anything can happen in a division where Bisping is champ.

I think he can make himself a place just ouside the elite.
Rockhold and Robert whittaker will take home wins against him 6 out of 7 days.

Let us not forget that Weidman was cursed with bad luck, adversity/misfortune was basically befallen on him over and over since he was dumb enough to accept that Rockhold fight with an injury.

He got cought by Romero and the arbitrary decision against Gegard Mousasi was just so unfair and wrong to Weidman.
That should have been a NC.

Look at Weidman's post history at his social media and you'll see a guy that could do tremedous positive adjustments for himself when it comes to the diet. The pooor guy's first choice of post work out drink was an energy drink for fuck sake, you'll probably do less harm smoking 2 Tobacco Cigarettes post training.

When it comes to life style and sleep maybe the worse period is over for him since his children are getting older too.

Anything can happen in a division where Bisping is champ.

I agree.

If we want to speculate close to what is about to happen,
we must look for where they think where they can make the most money.

For now maybe still Bisping vs GSP is the best option from UFC's revenue prespective?

Because there are different gatekeepers to different levels.

Gatekeeper to deserving to be in the UFC ( I don't know, like Leonard Garcia perhaps?)
Gatekeeper to be in the top10 (Roy Nelson used to be said gatekeeper at HW for a while), or in the top 15
Gatekeeper to be a title condender (JDS? Gadelha?)

I guess TS argues that Weidman nowadays is a gatekeeper to the Top5

I want to see him fight Jacare, it would be a great test, Whittaker has a 86 % takedown defence, but it would be a good fight-

293 posts and 146 likes is a formidable ratio. I put out quality content.

Hell that's nothing to measure by. By the time they put in the new format (with likes) I was on a long hiatus from this place because of posters like you. Although, it was more due to the Conor McDangler's being insufferable. But put the two together and... well...

mb8fg.jpg

Back