Chris Weidman: Bisping got the belt when I gave him the opportunity, I gave him that shot.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

Respect for Brother Chris for getting that W BTW.

You're not a number one contender Chris.

He's still that old guy's boy.

He hears his voice on the line, but it doesn't stop the pain.

IS THERE A MORE DELUSIONAL FIGHTER THAN CHRIS WEIDMAN?

I had completely forgotten they had booked Rockhold/Weidman 2 tbh.

So you did this to the MW division, damn it Chris.

Weidman bless??
QLomV_s-200x150.gif

Notorious weidman?
QLomV_s-200x150.gif

Money weidman?

Chris is behind Whittaker and also Romero, Jacare and Rockhold if they win their next fights.

I had completely forgotten they had booked Rockhold/Weidman 2 tbh.

So you did this to the MW division, damn it Chris.
damn, that's right, he got injured and bisping filled in.....

such a fucking disgrace. MW is a mess now. I blame both

Doubt The Chris at your own peril. Those three losses, certainly won't make excuses for them, but I also think he could beat all those guys.

I won't be surprised if the UFC makes Bisping vs Weidman though, that's a bigger money fight than anything else they could make in that division.

But as a Weidman fan I'd be fine to see him rematch Romero or Rockhold, he's gonna rematch them whether he dusts off Bisping first or not.

Hahaha what does that even mean?

"You only won the title because I pulled out of my fight against the guy who almost killed me"

It's the truth. Bisping has never been a Top 5 middleweight. He was close to cracking the Top 5 ahead of UFC 100 when he fought Dan Henderson in the middleweight title eliminator, and we all know how that went for Bisping. A couple of years later he came close to moving into the Top 5 but Chael Sonnen beat him in another middleweight title eliminator. Over the next 3-4 years, he alternated wins and losses, cementing his status as a gatekeeper just outside of the Top 10 of the division. The combination of a hometown robbery of a decision in a fight where he was clearly KO'ed and UFC's need for a short-notice replacement gifted Bisping a title shot. Luke Rockhold didn't take Bisping seriously because he had easily defeated Bisping 19 months prior, and Bisping seized the opportunity and made him pay, once again catapulting to fringe of the middleweight Top 5. Bisping went on to take a drubbing at the hands of 46-year-old Dan Henderson, who was ranked outside of the Top 10, in a fight that could've been stopped on multiple occasions, but the referee chose to allow it to continue and Bisping was gifted another razor thin decision by the judges, thanks to a strange interpretation of scoring rewarding point fighting. The poor performance versus a middleweight ranked outside of the Top 10 has resulted in Bisping falling out of the Top 10 despite holding the belt.

It's the truth. Bisping has never been a Top 5 middleweight. He was close to cracking the Top 5 ahead of UFC 100 when he fought Dan Henderson in the middleweight title eliminator, and we all know how that went for Bisping. A couple of years later he came close to moving into the Top 5 but Chael Sonnen beat him in another middleweight title eliminator. Over the next 3-4 years, he alternated wins and losses, cementing his status as a gatekeeper just outside of the Top 10 of the division. The combination of a hometown robbery of a decision in a fight where he was clearly KO'ed and UFC's need for a short-notice replacement gifted Bisping a title shot. Luke Rockhold didn't take Bisping seriously because he had easily defeated Bisping 19 months prior, and Bisping seized the opportunity and made him pay, once again catapulting to fringe of the middleweight Top 5. Bisping went on to take a drubbing at the hands of 46-year-old Dan Henderson, who was ranked outside of the Top 10, in a fight that could've been stopped on multiple occasions, but the referee chose to allow it to continue and Bisping was gifted another razor thin decision by the judges, thanks to a strange interpretation of scoring rewarding point fighting. The poor performance versus a middleweight ranked outside of the Top 10 has resulted in Bisping falling out of the Top 10 despite holding the belt.
<{hfved}>

Meh weidslow has looked like shit the last 4 fights and gets a win over a guy that lacks discipline by missing weight and smoking pot......... sure he looked decent this last fight but come on really ? He's a broken fighter

Why the fuck was Weidman offered an immediate rematch in the first place?

It's not like he was a dominant champion like Anderson Silva.

The premise behind his titleshot was faulty at best.

Even if we accept the legitimacy of that titleshot- let's not forget that Jacare was offered the titleshot against Rockhold but Rockhold opted for the easier replacement and still got murked.

So really- Rockhold gave Bisping the opportunity and Bisping capitalized on it big time.

Nothing for Weidman to brag about any way you look at this situation.

Dude has a really weird way of thinking about things.

Ufc and it's dumb rematch phase.

Weidman didn't deserve that rematch after Rockhold starched him yet they wanted to give it to him.

Same with cain getting the instant rematch with werdum

Back