Weidman's Post fight interview was hilarious

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Kelvin punch is the first time I've ever been dropped
I am the real champion and EVERYONE knows it
Stop doubting me

Lol This is not "doubt".. You got brutally finished in the last three fights and just finished a blown up Welterweight who dropped you and almost finished you.

"I am the real champion"

He is unbelievably delusional but he really wants to be champ, can't hate on that

Watching his interviews it becomes apparent that he sees his MMA career as some kind of inspirational Rocky story for the masses.

Dude is hilarious.

62524664.jpg

It's safe to say that Chris recognizes that you need to make waves in your post-fight interview, but just doesn't know how to do it. I wish they'd just stop interviewing the guy, because I really want to be a fan but he's making it tough

Good rebound for Chris

He showed he can still handle a lot of MWs with that performance. Kelvin been knocking everyone silly lately so no shame eating one good one

It's funny how he thinks he should skip ahead of the guys who are ranked higher and have recent wins against him.

LOL all i saw was his dad's post fight speech

Kelvin punch is the first time I've ever been dropped
I am the real champion and EVERYONE knows it
Stop doubting me

Lol This is not "doubt".. You got brutally finished in the last three fights and just finished a blown up Welterweight who dropped you and almost finished you.
It absolutely was hilarious. I was laughing. Weedman turned me into a fan (well, I've always thought he was alright, especially since his epic fight with Lyoto Machida).

He's so cheesy in his post fight interviews. Win or lose, it's always necessary viewing.

Good rebound for Chris

He showed he can still handle a lot of MWs with that performance. Kelvin been knocking everyone silly lately so no shame eating one good one

Both Chris & Kelvin made their names off old/washed up opponents that were at one point monsters.

I don't think either of them can hang with elite middleweights of today.

It's safe to say that Chris recognizes that you need to make waves in your post-fight interview, but just doesn't know how to do it.

This describes much of the roster. It's almost a 50/50 split now between those types of people and fighters who fail to realize that and just say "I'll fight whoever they put in front of me."

That man has had a great career in the UFC and more people should be giving him credit for it. He beat at the time what was supposed to be the unbeatable fighter. And defended the middleweight title three times. That is Hall of Fame stuff right there.

This describes much of the roster. It's almost a 50/50 split now between those types of people and fighters who fail to realize that and just say "I'll fight whoever they put in front of me."
I love when guys are really willing to fight anyone, but you've gotta punch up and so many guys don't want to participate in the "game" of it. In today's UFC, it's better to say some outlandish shit like Chris did tonight and at least get talked about than to just be humble and give canned responses

That man has had a great career in the UFC and more people should be giving him credit for it. He beat at the time what was supposed to be the unbeatable fighter. And defended the middleweight title three times. That is Hall of Fame stuff right there.
knock on chris was that he beat everyone who was past their prime

they are correct

Back