This is one of the cases where the bigger man excuse applies

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Gastelum is clearly a more talented fighter than Weidman. It's hard to grapple with a bigger man, though. They seemed to be two weight classes apart and Gastelum was looking soft.

Salty. More talented? By losing 99% of the stand up and not being able to stay off his back?
lololol

Weidman looked like he took down Kelvin pretty easily. Its not like he picked him up and dumped him over and over

yeah that size difference was just glaring. no way gastelum will be able to keep up with the grappling of weidman or rockhold or guys like that at MW. as good as he's looked at MW, he really does belong at WW.

Outside of a single punch, Weidman was winning the striking.

yeah that size difference was just glaring. no way gastelum will be able to keep up with the grappling of Weidman or rockhold or guys like that at MW. as good as he's looked at MW, he really does belong at WW.

I think he could still beat Weidman, though. That chin is toast. But yeah, Rockhold woud clearly be the favorite in a fight against him.

He landed one big punch. Other than that he lost every aspect of that fight from bell to bell.

LOL at more talented that's just embarrassing. Not to mention the argument that being in good enough shape to make your proper weight class is a "talent" that Weidman has and Kelvin does not

It's not a valid excuse. If you don't want to fight people that big then move down a weight class

yeah chris is bigger but gastelum was way faster and hits harder. probably had a better chin too. he also has a pretty big upper body for his height.

Excuses apply only when you earn them. Kevin fucked his way to MW by missing weight numerous times.

Did you guys already forget Gastelum vs Kennedy?

I think the weight advantage played a big role in the grappling. Weidman was able to bully him and push him around in the wrestling exchanges and clinches, Gastelum looked a bit tentative, he needed to leg go more

Gastelum is clearly a more talented fighter than Weidman. It's hard to grapple with a bigger man, though. They seemed to be two weight classes apart and Gastelum was looking soft.

He clearly isn't the more talented fighter at all, based on the fight I just watched.

Back