Did Bermudez have one of the worst gameplans ever?

Muay Thai #1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bermudez won ever second of the fight that was striking and often initiated the clinch with Elkins. He basically gave the fight to Elkins.

He even caught Elkins a few times and stopped to initiate the clinch... was this really his gameplan?

Plus he was lucky not to have a point deducted for numerous cage grabs.

He looked like he didn't want to be in there.

Its a far cry from the Bermudez we saw in his fighters with Grice, Guida, and Stephens.

I think it's more about being very sloppy. That was probably the worst I've seen him in his UFC career. He should have killed that guy and he threw wide punches, a sloppy head kick which got him in bad position when he fell and just overall bad work.

I'm a big fan of the dude too.

He didn't follow the gameplan, that's is why his coaches were schooling him.

He has low fight IQ.

Elkins last two oppnents in Bermudez and Bektic had questionable gameplans.

Credit to Elkins for capitalizing tho

first im not making accusations but wasn't he rumored to be one of the fighters using epo and some sort of blood doping thing before usada stepped in. hes got some super legit wins he even beat rivera on tuf but seemed to drop off maybe its just age , mentality, head trauma.
Also he fought strange here. If it was a shot that threw him off early or the pressure maybe.
He also just bought a house so maybe he was over thinking the entire fight about winning and bonuses and legit just blew it.

Bermudez is one the physically gifted fighters that has very low fight IQ. He kept lunging in for overhands which could never land, yet his distance kickboxing was clearly supirior. Bermudez kept initiating clinches and going for deep single legs only to be reversed into that awkward back control for Elkins.... I just don't see Bermudez ever fixing those issues

Close fight. Bad gameplan or just didn't seem in it tonight. Thought he could have done more.

Back