Anik, Stan, Cruz

UhHuhSure

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This is a great commentating team. They are informative. Not over the top with hyperbole and hyping fighters. I hope UFC keeps that team in the future.

I like the segments during the fights when the play the audio from the fighters corners also.

This is a great commentating team. They are informative. Not over the top with hyperbole and hyping fighters. I hope UFC keeps that team in the future.

I like the segments during the fights when the play the audio from the fighters corners also.
I think they are well balanced, however i would prefer it be 2 instead of 3.

I fucking hate Jon Anik.

Dom is great, Stann is bearable and Anik is a waste of a suit.

It's all about Rogan and DC for me and Anik to hold the water.

No personality, limited knowledge of the sport, monotone. :(
Cruz and Stann are there to provide knowledge of the sport since they are actual fighters. They also provide more reactions and opinions. Anik might not be the greatest commentator but at least he makes the team look professional and unbiased which is the element that was missing from the Goldie/Rogan team.

Anik is the worst commentator in the UFC.

Rogan > Dan Hardy > Cruz > John Gooden > DC > Stann > Grisham > Anik

Cruz and Stann are there to provide knowledge of the sport since they are actual fighters. They also provide more reactions and opinions. Anik might not be the greatest commentator but at least he makes the team look professional and unbiased which is the element that was missing from the Goldie/Rogan team.
Thats how I see it too. I dont need to care about his personality. Just be a straight shooter. BTW, the Fight Professor was the best commentator.
<Deported1>

Last edited:

The way Cruz explains the grappling strategy tonight is outstanding.

It's so helpful to the new fans and the fans that' don't follow the sport as much.

The way Cruz explains the grappling strategy tonight is outstanding.

It's so helpful to the new fans and the fans that' don't follow the sport as much.
Yeah, he's called some good things. He knows the subtlies about grappling. I like when he sees a strike being setup and it happens.

Last edited:
Dan Hardy and John Gooden are currently the UFC's best commentary team.

Who's bright idea was it to give Woodley a microphone?

Doesn't Cruz strike you as being a little bitchy? I mean he's trying to "banter" with his cohosts but it sounds too much like his trashtalk. That bit of needling Stann about a question, Stann replying hey you know we take orders from the truck, and Cruz saying "what do you know about orders, Marine?" for example.

I'd rather have Cruz, than Rogan. But, I'm not really a fan of 3 guys doing it, at all.

It's when Cruz becomes personally involved that I hate watching, and listening to him. He acts really unprofessional, when that happens. Somebody calls you out. Act professional. Say yes, or no. Depending on the circumstances.

Once the broadcast ends. Then he can go back to being a fighter. Be interviewed by somebody else. Then say whatever he wants.

It's not a huge deal. But, I like him way more when he's not personally invested. I've even commented how pro he's been at the job, since losing the belt. But, tonight it became personal again.

Back