As I Watch Villante vs Cummins...

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see so many opportunities for spinning shit, but these fighters are not throwing them because they don't have the skill to do so.

It is frustrating. Just two slow and sloppy big men plodding along. HAHA

Would take them both 10 seconds to throw spinning shit.

I'd watch a MM fight anyday over this shit

Today's fighters are more evolved and skillful though. Sherdog told me so.
Even worse is these are two ranked fighters.

How about basics like a lead upperct from Villiante, Cummings had bern open for it all night

The gap between guys like these and guys like Gus and Jones is GIGANTIC.

Go show them how it's done billy badass. Armchair coaching at it's worse
They are the professionals, they should be able to do their job properly.

Is it okay for your Doctor to prescribe you the wrong the medication, because you didn't go to medical school? No. He was trained to do his job, so he should do it properly.

That "why don't you do it better" argument is not a well thought out one. I have seen better fighters, so I can judge these two based on what have I seen, even if I don't fight myself.

Was it just me or did the commentators not mention a single strike Cummins landed in the second round? Horrible, 50 total strikes landed and they sit there talking about Villante the whole time.

leading with a uppercut is usually not a good idea. nearly as bad as throwing one from to far out. have you ever tried it in sparing?
I dont mean leading with an uppecut, Villiante throws the jab, followed by an overhand, put the lead uppecut after it.

Sorry lazy posting

So long time reader and this is my first post ever. Why now? Because I have to vent my frustration as to what I've just watched. I've never been a fan of Villante but that was not even worthy of regional circuit. Take away his power and he is laughable in a technical sense and fight IQ. Any other division and he doesn't even crack top 40.

So long time reader and this is my first post ever. Why now? Because I have to vent my frustration as to what I've just watched. I've never been a fan of Villante but that was not even worthy of regional circuit. Take away his power and he is laughable in a technical sense and fight IQ. Any other division and he doesn't even crack top 40.
The only thing he has going for him is heavyweight power. Aside from that, he has little heart, fight IQ, or cardio.

spinning shit would be so laughably telegraphed it would look like it was thrown from yesterday afternoon

The only thing he has going for him is heavyweight power. Aside from that, he has little heart, fight IQ, or cardio.

It's so sad to see the state of the light heavyweight division.

C - Cormier
1. Jones
2. Gustafson
3. Manuwa
4. Teixeira
5. Oezdemir
...................... Huge gap
6. Shogun
7. Anderson
8. Saint Preux
9. Cirkinov
...................... Gap
10. Latifi
11. Little Nog
12. Cummins
13. Villante
14. Pedro
15. Antigulov

Potential:
Cannoneer
Cutelaba

Possible Potential:
Johnson
Reyes

Regional Level and Past Prime:
Everyone else

UFC made a huge mistake letting Davis, Bader and Krylov go. Davis and Bader might not have the most aesthetic styles to watch but letting them walk has reduced the possibility of fresh match ups at the top tier level. Weidman and Rockhold should seriously consider moving up although I know in Rockholds case that may be difficult due to his closeness with Cormier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back