Remember when Weidman fans were clamoring for a Jones vs Weidman "super fight"?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most of his fans even thought that Weidman would win.

Thoughts?

Remember when Jones wasn't a drug addicted, PED using adulterer who needed dick pills before the age of 30?

Don't make fun of people wanting the death of a human being. That's not nice.

I do.

Weidman seemed different back then. And if Chael got a shot, why not.

Most did certainly not think Weidman would win.

Also he slept Anderson was undefeated, he looked like he was a killer at that time.

It was an exciting match up.

Weidman/Jones was a better fight than Chael/Jones. Saying otherwise is stupid.

No one cares about Jones except for a few DC fights.

The MW division is exciting edgy trash talk.

The only thing that could re invent Jones a mainstream star is if Rockhold knocks him out, points to his own groin and says "no dick pills son". Then Jones looks up like Reem to Bigfoot.

Last edited:
that was after he dominated Anderson (who was undefeated at the time) twice. And then he ran through a great looking Machida as well.

Honestly, I still think Weidman would do better at LHW than at MW.

Remember when Conor starched Aldo and people thought CM was invincible?

Remember Conor lost his next fight and people said he was overrated?

Remember when Conor won the rematch and then became the LW champion and people again are saying he's invincible?

My point: perception changes from fight to fight. When people were clamouring for that fight Weidman was undefeated and had just beaten Maia, Munoz, Anderson x 2, Lyoto, and Vitor in that order. It actually made sense at the time but I would call it more of a really good matchup rather than super fight.

Weidman/Jones was a better fight than Chael/Jones. Saying otherwise is stupid.

Jones did not want that fight, and being scared had shit to do with it. Sonnen got that fight by tapping into the latent racism of MMA fans and it worked. I'm sick and fucking tired of people acting like Jones campaigned to fight Sonnen.

At least Weidman wasn't a pussy like Anderson and wanted to fight Jones

Fighters decline? This is shocking information!

I honestly don't. Are you talking like one thread that you saw one time?

What makes me think you're full of shit is the part about most fans picking Weidman, I know that didn't happen

Most of his fans even thought that Weidman would win.

Thoughts?
I would still watch that fight, but I don't really like Weidman. I tried to like him after he beat my boy Silva, but he's just too corny and than his dad put the nail in the coffin with the "he's still my boy" shit after the first loss.

Trying to discuss that fight was terrible on here.

Weidman was some invincible wrestle boxer that had a bottom game that would give Jones fits. The Chris' 100% TDD against BJJ guys and strikers meant he couldn't be taken down at a weight class above.

I don't remember this because it didn't happen

"most Weidman fans thought he would beat Jones" lmao

Back