Natal Took An Illegal Knee And Didn't Quit...

And what did he get for it? A KO loss....just like Weidman

I didn't see it but to be fair Poirier and Weidman were seriously messed up by those illegal knees. Weidman didn't even know what month it was.

Yeah, that was a pretty obvious one too. The ref blew that. Natal worked hard to get out from under the other guy and eats an illegal knee when he is trying to recover and make space. Really sucks for Natal

Funny how Chris was hurt badly by the knee and when they found out it was legal he was fine.
The biggest joke is that the mma community still won't call him a quitter, but they were ready to label Michael Johnson a quitter after a brutal and all out war versus Gaethje.

The biggest joke is that the mma community still won't call him a quitter, but they were ready to label Michael Johnson a quitter after a brutal and all out war versus Gaethje.

Spades come in every color.

Yeah, that was a pretty obvious one too. The ref blew that. Natal worked hard to get out from under the other guy and eats an illegal knee when he is trying to recover and make space. Really sucks for Natal
I appreciate the comment.

However, I believe the labeling of the strike "illegal" messes with the psychology of the fighter. If you are in street fight, and you get hit with that strike, if it doesn't KO you, you will continue to fight.

That is how I look at it.
He should've. Illegal moves should be penalized.
A fighter just fights. If you are refereeing the fight then you are playing a game, instead of fighting.

the MMA community isn't one person

Weidman took a LEGAL knee.
You are absolutely right. In his mind it was illegal, and he fought he had the right to quit.

I think the labeling messes with the fighter's psychology. For example, sometimes fighters take harder legal shot, and they don't quit, but when they believe the strike is illegal, even if it only grazes them, they are ready to break.

I didn't see it but to be fair Poirier and Weidman were seriously messed up by those illegal knees. Weidman didn't even know what month it was.
until he found out it was a legal shot, then everything was perfectly okay.

Weidman wanted out of that fight and it showed.

the MMA community isn't one person
I think he means the "jump to conclusions" MMA fans. There is this mat with... yeah how many times will I refer to office space...

Edit: One more time..

That knee had no effect on the outcome of the fight

Back