I'm all for insightful, technical PBP but...

Dick

Gaethje BMF + LW Champ 2024
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Dominick Cruz is incredibly annoying. He talks too much, is condescending towards his partners and just constantly seems like he's trying to prove how smart and knowledgeable he is rather than providing insightful PBP.

Mute or deal with it

24y30y1.jpg

That first round was particularly bad when Dom went on 4 minute spiel about Bochniak having overhooks on his back rather than underhooks. We fucking get it dude, no need to repeat yourself over and over.

That first round was particularly bad when Dom went on 4 minute spiel about Bochniak having overhooks on his back rather than underhooks. We fucking get it dude, no need to repeat yourself over and over.

lol. I agree with you there. I think he gets frustrated when guys don't understand technique. Still, it was a lay-n-pray round so he tried to fill the void.

Dominick Cruz is incredibly annoying. He talks too much, is condescending towards his partners and just constantly seems like he's trying to prove how smart and knowledgeable he is rather than providing insightful PBP.

agreed completely

well maybe the other commentators should step their game up?

I remember this one fight Dom was commentating. Seriously, 10 seconds into the first round he went on a tangent about how the fight was developing.

Maybe it's a symptom of the competitive and ambitious nature that made him the all-time-great that he is?

For example, I notice that people that never quit tend to be very stubborn in annoying ways.

I remember this one fight Dom was commentating. Seriously, 10 seconds into the first round he went on a tangent about how the fight was developing.

Maybe there's something to that though?

In chess, the first 2 moves can open up a 1-hour analysis on how the game is likely to unfold.

Dom is the best. Stay salty.
He's horrible. No need for Stann AND Cruz. Pick one or the other. I'll take Stann, he doesn't talk as much.

Dom is great, he gets more technical than anyone else but it's all good stuff.
Anik on the other hand...

Cruz is the best commentator the UFC has right now.

They are not having a conversation. They are just taking turns giving us bullshit information, that doesn't make the fight anymore interesting.

All the cards Cruz commentates end up sucking. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Back