How is Kelvin the favorite?

AceCooch

Ace Land
@Brown
Reaction score
Aight, I get Chris is on the downslide, but he is being seriously underrated here.

1st, he was beating Romero, Moose, and arguably Luke, and in all three cases had "freak losses" (I'm not going to say Fluke, but definitely the spinning shit/flying knee/illegal knee were not typical situations). All 3 were solid top 5 opponents... All 5 he looked good against.

Kelvin murdered Tim Ken, and I sho shorry but he isn't ranked. Fat Johnny is not ranked, old Vitor should not be ranked.

Cardio: hard to say, but edge to Weidman
Wrestling = Weidman
Striking = Weidman
Experience in 5 round fights = Weidman
7 inch reach advantage and significant height advantage = Weidman

I'm not gonna be shocked if Kelvin wins, because this is MMA obviously, but Weidman is absolutely who I would bet on. People are investing way too heavy on the losing streak

Weidman wasn't winning against Yoel, it was 1-1. He also doesn't have better cardio than Kelvin, he gassed against Mousasi and got legitimately finished

Because Kelvin is an Ocean Man who will take Weidman by the hand.

But the real reason is because Kelvin gets stronger in later rounds and Weidman of recent fades. Weidman is always game but that losing streak and Kelvins hand speed makes me worry for the Chris.

Hopefully The Weidman , can you see through the wonder of amazement at the oberman

illegal knee??
Cry baby.
Mousasi destroys Weidman 9/10 times.
Weidman's cardio sucks, that his problem.

baffles me as well i expect Weidman to run through him

Aight, I get Chris is on the downslide, but he is being seriously underrated here.

1st, he was beating Romero, Moose, and arguably Luke, and in all three cases had "freak losses" (I'm not going to say Fluke, but definitely the spinning shit/flying knee/illegal knee were not typical situations). All 3 were solid top 5 opponents... All 5 he looked good against.

Kelvin murdered Tim Ken, and I sho shorry but he isn't ranked. Fat Johnny is not ranked, old Vitor should not be ranked.

Wrestling = Weidman
Striking = Weidman

I'm not gonna be shocked if Kelvin wins, because this is MMA obviously, but Weidman is absolutely who I would bet on. People are investing way too heavy on the losing streak
He wasn't beating either of them.

Against Rockhold they were 1-1 going into the third round were he threw the kick.

Against Romero also 1-1. Won the first round, lost the second and corner was really unhappy between the 2nd and 3rd round. Then he shot in and got his head kneed off.

Against Mousasi won the first round, was losing the second and looked for a way out.

In all 3 mentioned matches he won the first round and lost the second or was on his way to losing the round.

Competitive? Yes.
Winning until he lost? No.

Kelvin has better striking, cardio, and power. He is also quicker and hasn't had his brain rattled like Weidman the past 1.5 years.

You're severely underrating Kelvin

You conveniently ignored the matchup in exchange for "streak"
You don't have to like it, or agree, I'm not telling you the value of the statement, just giving you the facts.

Betting lines shift based on action, and I am telling you that the average gambler looks ands sees 3ko's in a row against Weidman, and puts their money on Gastelum.

1st, he was beating Romero, Moose, and arguably Luke, and in all three cases had "freak losses

I think you are completely delusional, I understand when watching a fight people see what they want to see but you can't argue with the fight stats and the way the fights were finished. Go check the significant strikes and total strikes landed and control time by round, Weidman was dominated in all 3 fights and if you think otherwise you are absolutely delusional. Stop dick riding fighters and face the reality, a fighter coming off 3 straight knockout losses is hard to make a favourite.

1. Momentum is on Kelvin's side

2. The speed difference between the 2 is about as big as it can get at MW. Kelvin is like a speeding bullet. Weidman is extremely slow for an elite a middleweight.

There's still a chance that Weidman can use his superior frame and strength to control Gastelum with his wrestling but that strategy didn't work too well for T. Kennedy.

Wrestling = Weidman
Striking = Weidman

It's because of dumb people like you that this world is fucked up as it is. You can't even say it how it is when you see it with your own eyes, so some warmongering politician would have zero problems to control such a moron and get his vote. What really happened is that Weidman won the first round on paper, but did no real damage. In round 2 he was completely unable to do anything with the takedowns and Mousasi scrambled nicely. Also, Weidman got lit up standing, was gassed and then tried to buy time by trying to lie to the referee about getting kicked in the balls. Then he got obliterated by 100% legal knees and pretended or really didn't know which month it was, had time to recover and get some air and tried to get the fight going again. Not saying anything about the Gastelum fight, it's 50/50 in my book, but you're fucking mental if you think he was winning the Mousasi fight.

As much as I love the Spider, and even lately I have started to appreciate Weidman, isn't it amazing how 1 loss can start a downward spiral that can send champions into oblivion. I love Anderson, and hope he fights for 3 or 4 more years, same with Weidman, I'd love to see them fight once more, maybe the Chris can win tonight and set up a third fight with Anderson.

1. He wasn't beating Romero it was 1-1 going into the 3rd with Romero taking over.
2. Sick Rockhold absolutely torched him and showed how weak Weidman ground game is against someone with wrestling.
3. Moose torched him, a fighter known for a weak TDD and had Weidman acting up to get a cheap win.

1. He wasn't beating Romero it was 1-1 going into the 3rd with Romero taking over.
2. Sick Rockhold absolutely torched him and showed how weak Weidman ground game is against someone with wrestling.
3. Moose torched him, a fighter known for a weak TDD and had Weidman acting up to get a cheap win.
This.
Also, he was lucky against Anderson 2 times.
;-)

Back