Any path of victory for Chris?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
For those who think Chris is going win tonight, how do you think he can get it done?

I dont think he's going to win but he needs to use his size and his grappling plain and simple, I personally just dont think he can do this for 5 rounds

Decision, knockout, or submission.

Or maybe a DQ.

You must be new to combat sports. It's just 2 guys, Kelvin isn't superman. He can lose.

The best he can hope for is to get his KTFO loss overturned to no contest.

I give the edge to Gastleman but I think it's crazy to discount Weidman. He should be the bigger, stronger opponent who can nullify the wrestling advantage Gastleman has over his other opponents.

He also has the reach, so he can outstrike him at a distance.

If The Chris had a better gas tank I'd probably give home the edge. But a five round fight makes it a bit of an uphill battle.

He's got the reach and size over Kelvin. He could possibly keep him at the end of his longer limbs.

He also has an underrated SUB game, with a nice standing guillotine, and he's a BJJ blackbelt, so he could potentially catch him with something on the ground.

Maybe wrestle around and put rds 1-3 in the bank, and then not get knocked out once he's gassed. I just have absolutely no faith in Weidman anymore, approaching a Hendricks-like crash.

Wrestle fuck a much smaller fighter seems to work.

Lol do any of you noobs realise how good Weidmans jui jitsu is?
Add that to his size and reach advantage

I favour Kelvin but this is closer than a lot realise

Control distance, push pace, threaten with TDs, outpoint, TD, submit, TKO, etc

For those who think Chris is going win tonight, how do you think he can get it done?

This guy in the rafters with the Gasman in his sights other than that he gets KO'ed again...

giphy.gif

He gets it done by being intelligent in the fucking cage. Dude was a monster before the Rockhold fight, but all three straight loses were caused by either laziness or lax in the middle of the fight. If he uses his size, wrestling and kicks, he should win fairly easily. But if he gets lazy in the middle of a flurry from chubs, it's night night for The Chris.

Dangerous striking, very good top control, good wrestling. I think it's a pretty close fight. I hope Kelvin wins but wouldn't be comfortable betting on it.
Even though Kelvin is quicker for instance, Weidman could still hit him with timing and/or setting him up.
Weidman is too dangerous of a fighter to just dismiss because he is on a losing streak.

Decision, knockout, or submission.

Or maybe a DQ.

You must be new to combat sports. It's just 2 guys, Kelvin isn't superman. He can lose.

Ha because fans never ask other fans their opinions on how the fight is gonna go. We all know either could win but Chris is the underdog in this fight and has been on a losing streak while Kelvin hasn't. It was just a damn question.

Go strong in the first two rounds and finish him. The jig is up with Chris's cardio. Every fighter from now on will try and take him into the later rounds.

Choke Kelvin out or hang on for a decision. Fans counting Weidman out are ridiculous. This fight is a 50-50 toss up IMO.

Personally, the only path of victory I see for him is to fight a very intelligent, safe, and boring fight, using his range at distance and avoiding close exchanges.

Who wouldn't love another standing Guillotine?

Back