You could arguably consider Kelvin 20-0

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is, if you count his 4 amateur bouts from TUF. And change his BS NC back to a W, and if just one more judge in his two split DEC losses scored it for him instead..

Yeah I know that is quite a reach. But in my books, he came pretty damn close to 20-0, 11-0 in UFC 15-0 if you count the TUF fights. (Came close. Yea, split DEC losses are still losses. They always sting though.)

All in all, even without that reach it's still pretty damned impressive considering his only losses are close split decisions against current WW champion Tyron Woodley and Neil Magny.

If Weidman is looking to snap his losing streak, it sure is against the wrong dude. I'll be rooting for Kelvin back in his proper weight class at MW. With a solid win tonight he is one step closer to title contention.

You know, Kelvin is interesting.

Really nice guy. A skilled fighter. I think the UFC really wants him to succeed.

But he is lazy and likes the green. No shame in that, quite frankly I don't really care its his career.

But I think MW is just way to big for him. Maybe he knocks out Chris but when he starts fighting Rockhold, Romero, Jacare, Whittakar, etc.......

Its just not a good idea.

But again I like him. I think hes talented and hes seems like a genuinely nice guy. I want the dude to succeed but he needs to get his ass back to WW

Interesting. Reaching for sure but interesting. Either way I'm thinking Kelvin via tko tonight.

You could also argue the Kelvin is 11-4 if you change his split decision wins into losses.

Weird that Kelvin is headlining a card and Uriah Hall has disappeared.

He lost both of those fights fairly though. And Woodley won that fight on one foot.

I'll admit to not particularly liking Kelvin but I do think he's had a string of very beatable opponents. Whats left of Hendricks, Vitor, and Kennedy. Of those Tim was his best win. To his credit he looked as good as he could against whats left of Belfort. Now he is again given a guy who's fallen on hard times and has been knocked out coming in. I think he's still another two away from a title fight and I think he has a very hard time against the likes of the middleweight elite.

Diaz Bros have never lost a fight. They just ran out of time and their opponents were pussies for not brawling with them the whole time.

Little off topic, but Kelvin, Nick Diaz, Hendricks, and Lombard would be an awesome start to a division between WW and MW. Just like BJ, Nate, Diego, and Bendo would be a good start to a 165lb division.

He hasn't got dat championship mentality, though.

I'm dead serious about it, too.
He has all the skills necessary, he is an incredible fighter with great Fight IQ, but no championship strength of mind.

He lost to guy that broke his foot within the first 20 seconds of their fight

This kid is only 25 and his resume is pretty impressive so far.
Yeah he is lazy some times and can't stop muching on that delicious Mexican food, but if this kid get his shit together he is a future champion for sure.
I got him winning by sub on the second round tonight.
Then after that he need a top 3 fight to really see his potential.
Plus he can legitimately fight at 170 and 185 if he gets his shit together

Kevlin Gastelum with a nutritionist will be champion one day

That Woodley fight should have been a clear 2-1 for Woodley.

goal-setting.jpg

You could arguably consider him a middleweight in all of those welterweight bouts.

Back