Da Moose dun goofed

Turkleton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now with Withaker out for who knows how long Mousassi would most likely be next in line to face Bisping for the title and he would probably be the favorite to win

yea sure he is getting more sponsorship money in Bellator but as a UFC champion he would get PPV points which would probably end up being alot more money, cause I somehow don't see him pulling any insane sponsorship deals

really bad timing by the Moose

He'll still get more money in Ballator, Hendo got more than Bisping in their title fight and so did JDS and Overeem when fighting Stipe so being champion doesn't matter

Had the same thought, it seemed impossible just a couple weeks ago for him to be less than two fights away from the title, now it seems he would be the most likely contender. But, when is Bisping supposed to be back, didn't he have a knee surgery?

I don't think Moose really cares, fighting is his job, Bellator pays more money plus gives more opportunities (his words), so i'm pretty sure he is cool.

The loss is more for us as fans, Moose just wants to make enough money to have a good life imo.

being a UFC champ doesn't mean shit unless you can sell PPV's and put asses in seats.

Mousasi's measly 47.9k twitter followers ain't gonna cut it.

It's more the UFC's fault than his. The UFC should do everything it can to sign the best talent pool of fighters in all of MMA. Sure, he missed out, but he did what he felt was best for his career ($). The fans are the biggest losers due to the UFC dropping the ball in its job of selling the most tickets and PPV buys by putting the top talent together in a cage to do battle. The biggest winner is Bisping, who gets to dodge another guy who would have easily taken his belt from him.

I don't think Moose really cares, fighting is his job, Bellator pays more money plus gives more opportunities (his words), so i'm pretty sure he is cool.

The loss is more for us as fans, Moose just wants to make enough money to have a good life imo.
The thing is, Moose wasn't that far away from a title shot. Once he became champion, he would have had a major pay raise.

Mousasi is smart. Poor UFC with how the MW division is going. Mousasi looks even more valuable right now. Start paying fighters what they deserve

He'll still get more money in Ballator, Hendo got more than Bisping in their title fight and so did JDS and Overeem when fighting Stipe so being champion doesn't matter
yea but afair that is only their base pay without any bonuses or ppv points

Moose himself ain't a big draw but if he is on a stacked card I think he would make a decent amount of extra cash

Yeah it sucks that the UFC MW pool loses a top 5 guy but he just wants to get paid now and the way some of the Other belts get held up in other divisions to include MW , Gegard was probably being impatient and decided getting paid was more important .

Until he gets the sponsorship money he doesn't have shit. All these guys that left because of sponsorship money all have convenient reasons why they haven't actually gotten it yet. Until a guy does I am going to put that in the suspect column. My theory is that the guys were making more in sponsorship in UFC before Reebok, but that hasn't translated to them making that level of money in Bellator being free to sign with sponsors again.

He got off that sinking ship and is making decent money. He's much better off.

Had the same thought, it seemed impossible just a couple weeks ago for him to be less than two fights away from the title, now it seems he would be the most likely contender. But, when is Bisping supposed to be back, didn't he have a knee surgery?
That's what I was thinking. Robert already was going to have to wait for Bisping to recover from a leg injury. Is the fight going to be delayed much more than expected with the revelation of Robert's injury?

He goofed because he was looking out for his best interests...ok. Not to mention, there is always GSP...

Now with Withaker out for who knows how long Mousassi would most likely be next in line to face Bisping for the title and he would probably be the favorite to win

yea sure he is getting more sponsorship money in Bellator but as a UFC champion he would get PPV points which would probably end up being alot more money, cause I somehow don't see him pulling any insane sponsorship deals

really bad timing by the Moose

oh, please. bisping isn't fighting whitaker, yoel, or moose (if he was still in ufc) next... if ever. he'll fight gsp or the 55 year old hendo or nate diaz or harold howard or someone else who doesn't pose much of a threat to him, instead.

oh, please. bisping isn't fighting whitaker, yoel, or moose (if he was still in ufc) next... if ever. he'll fight gsp or the 55 year old hendo or nate diaz or harold howard or someone else who doesn't pose much of a threat to him, instead.
Lmao

But, when is Bisping supposed to be back, didn't he have a knee surgery?
That depends on when GSP decides to fight. If GSP said he's ready next PPV, Bisping would magically get healed and be ready.

I think mousasi left when Dana instead of agreeing with mousasi about him needing to be paid more , he took mousasis comparison of why mark hunt gets paid more and basically said mark hunt deserves to be paid more because of blah blah blah which is kind of disrespectful Mousasi is an elite fighter with a great record he deserves to be compensated if fighters with lesser records r making way more dough. The fact Dana didn't agree I think pissed off Mousasi n rightfully so. Mousasi was the fucking shit in strike force and was starting to do real good in the UFC Dana and wme should have paid up they lost a star

Back