Dennis bermudez vs Darren Elkins

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Will go like Elkins vs Bektic minus the comeback.

Last edited:
Bermudez certainly has the one-shot, explosive, fight-ending edge.

But man, Elkins is like a fukin ZOMBIE. If he survives past round 1, he may wear Bermudez down with his pressure.

8rWSPVW.gif

300fgbc.gif

giphy.gif

rarhfq.gif

wcVd3Q.gif

Bermudez doesn't tend to gas and has very solid TDD. I also think he can take Elkins down if he wants since his TDD is only about 40%. Sure, Bermudez isn't very durable but all his losses came against pretty damn good strikers.

I've been big on Elkins because he is usually a +400 underdog, but I don't see him winning this fight. Bektic smashed him for 13 or so minutes before the headkick. Bektic is a beast but hasn't faced the best in the world, and Bermudez has faced some killers. Elkins whole strategy is to grind down people with his wrestling but I don't think he can do that to a wrestler of Bermuldez's caliber.

Sorry boys but the overachievement run ends here

Santa clause is not real
Tooth fairy ain't real
Dan Kelly ain't real

And neither is Elkins

Lovely story though, one to tell the grandkids

Always rooting for Bermudez. He puts on a show every time win or lose

Santa clause is not real
Tooth fairy ain't real
Dan Kelly ain't real

And neither is Elkins

Can't believe Rashad lost to Kelly. Just retire dawg

Will go like Elkins vs Bektic minus the comeback.

Yeah, probably, but honestly Bermudez is a much better candidate for it than Bektic was. His chin is a major liability. There's a reason that Bermudez is less than a 2-to-1 favorite despite having large physical and technical advantages.

Does he? Elkins's last fight was his first true knockout, which gives him one more than Bermudez has. He also has more TKOs, both inside and outside the UFC. Bermudez has a sort of thudding power. He hurts guys, but he's not good at putting them away, and Elkins is not easy to put away. Bermudez, on the other hand, is afflicted with a bit of an Overeem curse, and one that's probably only getting worse as he enters his 30's.

2017 has been a pretty shit year for MMA and its fans, but..

Most insane come from behind victory in mma history

Elkins has to be up there.

But man, Elkins is like a fukin ZOMBIE. If he survives past round 1, he may wear Bermudez down with his pressure.
this Elkins definitely has the better chin and Bermudez has shown he can be chinny ( not that Elkins has really knocked to many people out ) but I think Elkins unfortunately takes this fight

This is an intriguing matchup you have Bermudez coming in @ 2-2 in his last 4 outings w/ the 2 losses coming via stoppages(KO & TKO) so he's clearly prone to getting his bell rung. Elkins is 4-0 in his last four, including a thrilling come from behind upset in his last victory.

Elkins is 4 inches taller & a jack of all trades w/ his skill set. His heart/grittiness coupled w/ deceptive physical strength may surprise the @ times over aggressive Bermudez. For me this is a toss up fight. Bermudez could easily go in there & batter Elkins w/ his speed,athleticism & superior wrestling for an easy win. But something tells me Elkins has turned the proverbial corner in his career & his last fight was not a fluke. I'm seeing Elkins weather the early storm, then once again turning it on later rendering a wilted Bermudez.

Head says Bermudez, heart says Elkins.

My Pick : Elkins

This is an intriguing matchup you have Bermudez coming in @ 2-2 in his last 4 outings w/ the 2 losses coming via stoppages(KO & TKO) so he's clearly prone to getting his bell rung. Elkins is 4-0 in his last four, including a thrilling come from behind upset in his last victory.

Elkins is 4 inches taller & a jack of all trades w/ his skill set. His heart/grittiness coupled w/ deceptive physical strength may surprise the @ times over aggressive Bermudez. For me this is a toss up fight. Bermudez could easily go in there & batter Elkins w/ his speed,athleticism & superior wrestling for an easy win. But something tells me Elkins has turned the proverbial corner in his career & his last fight was not a fluke. I'm seeing Elkins weather the early storm, then once again turning it on later rendering a wilted Bermudez.

Head says Bermudez, heart says Elkins.

My Pick : Elkins

I can't deny Bermudez is chinny. He does get wobbled in around half of his wins. Just tbf, those 2 losses were to Stephens who has huge power(when he isn't whiffing) and the only healthy version we've seen of KZ in years.

Just tbf, those 2 losses were to Stephens who has huge power(when he isn't whiffing) and the only healthy version we've seen of KZ in years.

Stephens' "huge power" has not stopped anyone since 2013 except Bermudez or anyone since for that matter. Elkins' also went the distance with him.

Stephens' "huge power" has not stopped anyone since 2013 except Bermudez or anyone since for that matter. Elkins' also went the distance with him.

Stephens hardly connects with his wild headhunting. It's clearly an accuracy issue over a power one. Idk how someone could suggest otherwise.

I'm well aware of Stephens' record, there's still very few FWs that clearly hit harder than him when he lands. I don't believe Barao or Edgar would disagree.

In fact since 2012 Stephens has a grand total of 2 KO/TKOs in 12 fights w/ one being DB . I think it's safe to say "huge power" maybe another Rogan fueled myth lol.

Last edited:

Santa clause is not real
Tooth fairy ain't real
Dan Kelly ain't real

And neither is Elkins

Elkins has proven to be very real abt 3 times at least. I think he will lose, but I always do, and he ends up winning alot of the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back