DC has gone past his prime.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lots of talk about DC and Jones and even DC at heavyweight and all this future stuff.

All that talk should be what if. Because DC right now is slower and less explosive every fight in his last 3 or 4 fights. Even though he has slowed down, he is still one of the best fighters on the planet, and I bet he could win the heavyweight championship if he had the chance in the next 6 months.

Now he is going to fight JJ, who has had a lay off, but is still a young man, and undefeated as a fighter with a wicked list of names including DC.

Retarded people line up here to mention Hamil.

Basically what I am saying is that DC really shouldn't fare as well as he did the first time he fought Bones.

Tru but heart still prime.

Choked rumble out twice, aint no accident baby

Jon Jones is clear GOAT OF MIXFIGHT, no debating that one!

A man in his late thirties is past his prime?

What other breaking news do you have Einstein?

Is it just me, or is this board overrun with Bones Gonad-Garglers?

Jon%2BJones%2BTrip%2BTake%2BDowns%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif.

People been claiming DC is on the downhill prior to his last few fights and there is no evidence this true because DC has won all of those fights.

Tru but heart still prime.

Choked rumble out twice, aint no accident baby
DC fan but I wouldn't take anything from the last Rumble fight. Easily the most obvious fight thrown on the major stage of MMA, in at least the last decade.

Not saying that is DC's fault of course, but it is what it is.

DC has looked as good as every to me. Has defend his title against dangerous opponents like Rumble and Gus. Shit look how good Gus looked against Glover. I think DC has a better chance to win this fight than the last. As DC said "If the Jones that fought OSP shows up, I beat that ass".

I think DC beats him. Very likely could be wrong but that's my prediction, and I'm betting on DC. Nothing crazy like you Sherdog millionaires but I'll drop a hundred or so on him.

DC doesn't seem to have lost a step. Jones is the one that lacked in his last fight. Plus he's 30 now with a lot of inactivity. Anything could have happened in the time he's been out, skillwise. His brother was a top NFL player that dropped out of the NFL at 30. Maybe his genes are for an early, short lived athletic peak. This fight might look like DC vs Dave Chappelle, lol.

Daniel, your thoughts?

<36>

He's probably been past his physical prime since he joined the UFC. The guy's 38 and went through 2 Olympic cycles---as did Hendo.

It's a testament to their skill that they've managed to compete at the highest levels into their late 30s and beyond. Unlike a certain Russian can-crusher who went to complete shit at 33.

DC doesn't seem to have lost a step. Jones is the one that lacked in his last fight. Plus he's 30 now with a lot of inactivity. Anything could have happened in the time he's been out, skillwise. His brother was a top NFL player that dropped out of the NFL at 30. Maybe his genes are for an early, short lived athletic peak.

Or maybe that peak was drug fueled, rather than strictly genetic.

I love how Jones dominating OSP on short notice in a 50-44 rout is irrefutable evidence he's past his prime yet DC is a single fight removed from almost being finished by a 40 year old Anderson coming off gallbladder surgery, with no camp, and at a 30+ lb weight disadvantage; and somehow DC's obviously gonna beat the guy who completely outclassed him in a unanimous 49-46 decision?? <Fedor23>

I love how Jones dominating OSP on short notice in a 50-44 rout is irrefutable evidence he's past his prime yet DC is a single fight removed from almost being finished by a 40 year old Anderson coming off gallbladder surgery, with no camp, and at a 30+ lb weight disadvantage; and somehow DC's obviously gonna beat the guy who completely outclassed him in a unanimous 49-46 decision?? <Fedor23>

I agree with your assessment of Jones-OSP and I definitely favor Bones against DC this time.

But dude, you gotta pump the brakes on that, "almost being finished by a 40 year-old Anderson."
That kick barely phased him. Did he back up into the cage afterward? Did Rogan and Goldie blow their nuts screaming, "He's hurt! He's hurt!" People around here act like he was in dire straits afterward. Ridiculous. He took it easy on Anderson.

Back