Does Khabib Have the Best GnP in the UFC?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I can't think of anyone else in the UFC that comes close to the vicious GnP that Khabib rains down on his opponents. When he starts throwing those punches and elbows, the sound is just brutal. Am i forgetting someone who uses GnP better than Khabib?

Jon Jones' GnP is also really nasty. Khabib is just really clever and vicious with his. Rogan said it best "He mauls people".

Top 5 GnP in the UFC

DC is underrated on the ground in terms of GnP. He LIT UP Hendo, Anderson, and Rumble on the ground.

Khabib trains with guys much heavier than him I'm sure he wants to have the edge when taking guys down in his weight class

There may be a few others with GnP as nasty as Khabib's, but no one else combines it with his level of control on the ground.

Luke
Maia
Jones
Magny
Yoel
Cain
Overeem
Werdum
Stipe
Max
Edgar

You didn't see him in the position for it much but Cheick Kongo had some nasty ass gnp.

Both Weidman and Rockhold are vicious as fuck, no many people survive those

Sage Northcutt, just for the shit-talking during it.

"Oh did you hear that, sir? That was a good one"

im incredibly biased but frankie edgar has amazing gnp and guard posture.

One thing is for certain folks.

all of these guys GnP pales in comparison to the hurt that Matt Hughes would put on opponents.

e0066657_4da886a2c20e2.gif

if you have fight pass take a peak at his 2nd fight with Newton, beat the shit out of him. Newton was never the same after that imo.

vicious, powerful, I hope he makes it through his get hit by a fucking train accident.

Maia, Magny, Edgar, and Max aren't even close IMO. The other ones I can get.
imo frankie's definitely 'up there', but i understand it's typically only if it's against someone he can control grappling. magny and maia, though...

imo frankie's definitely 'up there', but i understand it's typically only if it's against someone he can control grappling. magny and maia, though...

I guess maybe I should have put most powerful GnP. I don't know though, Khabib is so effective with it. Maia is certainly a better grappler though, obviously.

Back