The myth that Conor McGregor was a Golden Gloves champion and had amateur career.

Hidden_Hand

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone remember this or was it someone else?

I believe when he first came in he was talking about or promoted as being a golden gloves boxing champion and having an extensive amateur career but there was no records to be found.

I believe it was Chael Sonnen who called him out on it?

I'm sure it was him that the claims were being made for?

so are you saying it is a myth or are you asking it if is a myth?

Didn't one of sherdog investigative reporters make a huge thread about it, saying it's #1 bullshit.

pretty sure that was never a myth. Most acknowledge that he was not a golden gloves anything or an amateur champ.

pretty sure that was never a myth. Most acknowledge that he was not a golden gloves anything or an amateur champ.
Pretty it was exposed as fake though and at one point was believed to be true.

Didn't one of sherdog investigative reporters make a huge thread about it, saying it's #1 bullshit.
This is ringing a big bell actually.

so are you saying it is a myth or are you asking it if is a myth?
If it is true that it was McGregor then it got proven to be fake.

Whoever it is, it was defo proven fake I remember the thread.

Pretty it was exposed as fake though and at one point was believed to be true.

This is ringing a big bell actually.

If it is true that it was McGregor then it got proven to be fake.

Whoever it is, it was defo proven fake I remember the thread.
Really? I dont recall that. interesting. So much stuff flies around this site so I am not suprised.

I said it was BS ages ago.

Though he could have boxed an amateur, it's not that hard to be an amateur boxer, hell even I boxed as an amateur.

Conor gets destroyed the TOP amateurs in Ireland in a straight up boxing match
This fight is just a payday for Floyd and a wwe fight

Mystic UL > Mystic Sonnen

I said it was BS ages ago.

Though he could have boxed an amateur, it's not that hard to be an amateur boxer, hell even I boxed as an amateur.

Conor gets destroyed the TOP amateurs in Ireland in a straight up boxing match
This fight is just a payday for Floyd and a wwe fight

Mystic UL > Mystic Sonnen

Same UL that said Conor had no chance against Aldo?

Or was that a different goof?

It's a about as big as a myth as the claim 'McgreGOAT' lol.

TheJournal.ie is a credible online source of news in Ireland. The42.ie is the "sports section" of TheJournal.ie. From the42.ie:

"A young Conor McGregor was a member (of the Crumlin Boxing Club in Dublin) between the ages of 11 and 17. And by all accounts, the then-largely-unknown Crumlin native was a highly promising fighter. Over the course of roughly 40 bouts in which he competed, he won a Dublin Novice Championship."

Same UL that said Conor had no chance against Aldo?

Or was that a different goof?
Same UL that clowned your ass on this forum a thousand times

Reason why you ARE so butthurt

I don't recall him being a "Golden Gloves" champion. But I believe he won some local youth championship in Ireland.

I thought the myth was that he was an Irish national champ.
<{Heymansnicker}>
That's even worse if that is what it was lol

I find it weird nothing has been mentioned in this build up not even the lines of I could have gone pro in boxing if I wanted to.

Tells me that it was defo not true.

I don't think he himself ever claimed to win anything prestigious.

He started out in the Crumlin Boxing club and showed some trophies on that Notorious show a couple of years back but they were just local small time stuff. Somehow that turned into people saying he was a legit amateur boxing Champion.

Anyone remember this or was it someone else?

I believe when he first came in he was talking about or promoted as being a golden gloves boxing champion and having an extensive amateur career but there was no records to be found.

I believe it was Chael Sonnen who called him out on it?

I'm sure it was him that the claims were being made for?

I, too, recall that he supposedly had multiple amateur boxing matches (something like 5 or 6 bouts). Fast forward to the past month, everyone (media) is saying he has 0 boxing experience (amateur or pro).

I don't give a shit either way, but I clearly remember his amateur boxing experience being brought up in the past. Glad to hear I'm not senile.

The myth is a myth. And Floyd will make him mith. Now kith.

Back