If Woodley KOs Maia...

Pied Piper

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Then that will bd the 2nd BJJ world champ/legend that he has KOd

The first being Andre Galvao

0:26

Great find TS - I fully expect Woodley to KO Maia. Woodley is almost impossible to take down and will destroy Maia standing. I do not see this being a competitive fight. Horrible match-up for Maia.

Great find TS - I fully expect Woodley to KO Maia. Woodley is almost impossible to take down and will destroy Maia standing. I do not see this being a competitive fight. Horrible match-up for Maia.
Maia has decided to solely focus on BJJ and wrestling, so he has slick ways of getting the takedown.

That is all he needs to win. All Maia needs is (1) Avoid the KO, which he can do, because Woodley is not an active fighter (2) Get a takedown in 3 rounds, he is the bigger fighter, and Woodley will waste energy if he tries to get up.

It is easier for Maia to win than it is for Woodley.

On paper, this is a boring fight, because both fighters need the fight to be boring in order to win.

this is MMA and anything can happen. But besides that Nate KO years ago, nobody else has been able to do it.

And he has lost to guys like Silva, Weidman, Rory..... So I don´t see Woodley KOing him.

Back