Will there ever be a fighter that sues for memory loss?

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Concussions?...like old NFL players are now? Based on the amount of punishment some fighters take before the fights get stopped?

Allowing fully conscious men to pound on the heads of semi conscious men that are for the most part defensless isn't protecting the fighters.

BJ Penn will prob be the first plaintiff.

Yes but they will forget to show up to court and the suit will be thrown out.

I wouldn't think an independent contractor could do that.

There are a few posters on here that seem to have legitimate knowledge on contract law.

The fighters are likely to suffer way more damage in their months of intense training than in the actual 15 minute fight.. i dont think the ufc can be held responsible for what a person does in their own training time can they?

Concussions?...like old NFL players are now? Based on the amount of punishment some fighters take before the fights get stopped?

Allowing fully conscious men to pound on the heads of semi conscious men that are for the most part defensless isn't protecting the fighters.

No because they would forget who they wanted to sue and for what.
<GSPWoah>{<RR}<CroCop1>

I assume the contracts are pretty thorough in terms of liability.

I wouldn't think an independent contractor could do that.

There are a few posters on here that seem to have legitimate knowledge on contract law.

If employment status was an issue (isn't) then fighters could easily claim to be employees because they were completely controlled by the UFC

Fighters are fully aware of the risks...unlike the football players...they weren't aware, and were lied to....boxers or mma fighters are aware and have always been aware of the dangers..it's their choice...

In before the ................... ......... Damn, I forgot what i was going to post.

I was going to, but it slipped my mind.
Remind me later...

Vanzant, she seem like she bite the hand that feeds her.

Juliana Pena, probly gonna sue because she didnt get what she want at the time she want it.

Now, i done know theres a fighter union class action lawsuit with Quarry, Le, and a few others.

Back