Why do people like Jimmie Rivera?

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand the hype behind him. I've watched all of his UFC fights and outside of his debut have been very unimpressed. 70% of his wins have been by decision which considering he has only 4 wins in the UFC he was out-pointing cans. His only decent win is over a washed up Faber. So can someone please explain to me the hype behind him?

Note: If he KOs Almeida I will likely reconsider my stance on him.

That u in AV suga?
edit: Nm i see its rashad evans with photoshopped shades

Eye I don't think he will be the same after Faber who blatantly gouged his eye out

20-1 record. We'll just have to wait and see. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I'm a fan of Almeida's style, so I'll be pulling for him though.

Can you point out any holes in his game? In which way do you beat him? He has a lot of hype since he's 20-1 and very well rounded.

I like him, dude has really solid technique and despite all the decisions has underrated power.

Can you point out any holes in his game? In which way do you beat him? He has a lot of hype since he's 20-1 and very well rounded.
I think Almeida or should he win whoever he faces next will lay down a very clear blueprint.

Handled Faber pretty easily despite the eye pokes. It's still Faber. Is a tank with good technique & power. Almeida's a beast too, and faster. One doesn't exclude the other.

I was impressed that he was able to beat Faber but he didn't show me anything that leads me to believe he's going to be able to beat Almeida. I think Almeida still has a chance to be champion he just looked really hesitant against Cody but even if he doesn't he'll be a good test for anyone. Kind of reminds me of Charles Oliviera.

Eye I don't think he will be the same after Faber who blatantly gouged his eye out
almost a clever pun, but you have the wrong Rivera. Ts mentioned Jimmie not Fransico

he is a good fighter
completely dominated alcantara and faber and if he beats almeida he is going to be one or two big names from a TS
Other than that i don't believe there is much to love about the guy he is not that exciting

tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif

Great guy, great skills...only thing he lacks that prevents him from getting more attention is finishing ability.

I think Rivera vs Almeida is being vastly overlooked...this could play out to be FOTY.....I feel Almeida takes rd1 but Rivera finishes strong...the deciding round imo will be rd 2....if it goes to decision Rivera imo.

I´m pulling for Almeida, I like his offensive Muay Thai style.... his stand up defense is not so good though, he leaves himself open for shots and Rivera's boxing looks crisp, so I believe he will get a decision or tko victory.

He is a very good defensive fighter. i.e. kinda like a Floyd Mayweather. Not a guy who will go out and take a risk. He lost on TUF tho . Regardless, I'm also an Almeida fan and have him beating Rivera in the 2nd.

Back