Serious Question About Ronda...

datfnguy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How come we all trash Ronda Rousey for how long it took for her to bounce back from the Holly loss or for possibly not returning after a second loss to Nunes, but we never trash Gina Carano? Gina still has fights left on her contract since her 2009 loss to Cyborg. She has hinted at returning a number of times, but really she had one loss and quit. At least Ronda got up and tried again.

Because Carano is hotter, a better sport and better liked, wasn't as overhyped, and lost to a chemically male opponent.

None of that occurred to you?

I don´t think that the problem with Ronda was the fact that she lost two fights in a row, or even the devastating way she did it. The problem was that the hype from UFC transformed her in some kind of horrendous public persona. Seems to me that all the ridiculous hype went straight to feed an unstable personality and she became that hyperinflated ego. People celebrated the brutal bursting of an ego that reached unreal proportions.

Also yes, fighting Gina was very hot.

Have you seen Gina?

0qlLDwi.gif

Ronda is possibly the worst of all time at taking a loss. She bought into her hype, treated her opponents like shit and refused to accept her faults when she lost.

Because Carano is hotter, a better sport and better liked, wasn't as overhyped, and lost to a chemically male opponent.

None of that occurred to you?
Are you sure about the overhyped part? Saxton was Gina's best best win. She was on a 5 fight win streak. Maxwell was brand new. Evinger, Kedwhatever and Kaitlin Young were all coming off a loss and Kobold was coming off 2 losses. We all know Cyborg is a dude and we all know Holly was brought in and groomed to beat Ronda. All I'm asking is why Carano gets a pass for quitting.

You about to witness the strength of street knowledge ...

RONDA was like the Big Bully Pushing people around the playground in elementary then she went to middle school and started taking them uppercuts to the chin on a daily ...

Are you sure about the overhyped part? Saxton was Gina's best best win. She was on a 5 fight win streak. Maxwell was brand new. Evinger, Kedwhatever and Kaitlin Young were all coming off a loss and Kobold was coming off 2 losses. We all know Cyborg is a dude and we all know Holly was brought in and groomed to beat Ronda. All I'm asking is why Carano gets a pass for quitting.

No one was concerned about her fight career not even her she was a nice person and easy on the eyes so when we are able to see her in the movies ... we still get our fix of her .. ronda has never been a pleasant person watching her get beat up is all we want to see, we want her back in that cage so we can see her get mauled over and over and over again

It wasn't really the fact that Ronda (has likely) quit after two losses, but more the idea of a fall from grace that was partly built on a foundation of things most red-blooded men hate (hyperbole, irrational hype, feminism, etc...) combined with the fact that Ronda wasn't exactly the most gracious of fighters or champions.

Everything about Gina was dialed down to 3, and she generally seems like a humble and cool person.

Those things matter.

No one was concerned about her fight career not even her she was a nice person and easy on the eyes so when we are able to see her in the movies ... we still get our fix of her .. ronda has never been a pleasant person watching her get beat up is all we want to see, we want her back in that cage so we can see her get mauled over and over and over again
Most honest response I've read.

Back