Did the Ferttitas con WME-IMG?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With all of the record low PPV buys and TV ratings in 2017, did the Ferttitas con WME?

In my opinion, the Ferttitas conned WME.

4.2 billion dollars LOL

Thoughts?

I think they got out at the perfect time. Only time will tell

not unless they get into china or india or something. china has more people than north america and europe combined easily

Yes. Common tho. Take an innovative product, dominate early marketplace, sell before the regulators come

No. Buying into sports has nothing to do with making money. Most of the top Soccer (football whatever you want to call it) clubs in the world lose hundreds of million of dollars a year, yet you could sell them for a billion in a heartbeat.

When the LA Clippers go for 2 billion in one lump sum the UFC is a bargain at 4 billion.

It wasn't a con. They didn't deceive them. Nobody tosses 4 billion out without understanding the huge risks and doing a ton of research beforehand.

They did sell at the right moment however. the UFC is mirroring the WWE from around 2005. There was a bubble then, and there's a bubble now. Plus there are bigger things on the horizon like the impact of USADA, and the looming discontent of many fighters that is working as a incubator of a possible future fighters' union.

Great sell, WME bite off more than they can chew. Ferttitas happy as can be

Conned? No, they sold them exactly the company they expected. Did the Ferttita's get way more than it was worth? Yes

I don't think they conned them at all I think the UFC over a long period of time could of been worth well more than what WME paid. If they wanted to run it in a different way and underestimate Bellator and low ball all their free agents and keep putting together shitty cards that's their problem. The UFC was sold with an incredible amount of talent and interest, it was up to WME what they did/do with it and it has nothing to do with the Ferttitas anymore. WME is in charge and they had the potential to make it worth twice what they paid but they haven't got off to a great start. Time to start caring about their athletes and thinking long term because this short term gain shit isn't cutting it, even the die hard fans realize this.

not unless they get into china or india or something. china has more people than north america and europe combined easily

The UFC tried to enter the Asian market and failed. They even had a TUF China IIRC. They have their own promotions in Asia.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "conned" but I will give them all the credit in the world for being smart business men.

No. Buying into sports has nothing to do with making money. Most of the top Soccer (football whatever you want to call it) clubs in the world lose hundreds of million of dollars a year, yet you could sell them for a billion in a heartbeat.

When the LA Clippers go for 2 billion in one lump sum the UFC is a bargain at 4 billion.
Most Soccer teams lose hundreds of millions a year? And can sell them for a billion? Where the fuck are you getting your stats from?

They got out while the UFC was on a major downswing, yes. And things don't look too bright for the near future. So good move on their part. However, unless WME completely screws things up, as a long term investment, the UFC will be worth far more than what they paid for it in a few years.

Well I don't think they got con at all. They about make well over 100 million on this conor boxing match. Say conor pulls a lucky rabbit foot out his ass and wins. He becomes the new "money maker" he will get called out by every boxer in the world, that's money for UFC, they own conor right now. Every mma fighter going call him out just get some og that money he draws.

They basically bought MMA, you can stack a card with huge names like fedor, wanderlei, sonnen, and it still wont do as well as nunes vs schelmelenko cancelled under the UFC brand

I would think they probably did their due diligence before making the offer but no doubt they are probably kicking them selves for not checking the Sherdog forum first for proper advice.

Back