Where do you rank Dominick Cruz in an all time GOAT list

Chomsky Honk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Feels like Cruz is the consensus 135 GOAT but doesn't get much conversation in terms of overall GOAT status. How does his resume stack up against the Fedors/Jones/Silvas/GSPs of MMA? Top 5? Top 10? Top a billion?

6b5fb1cfd55463c562d4205991bd2d0a.jpg

I would put him somewhere in the top 10. If he beats Cody, then I will maybe put him in the top 5

On one hand I give him all props for losing 5 years to injuries, then coming back to regain the title.

On the other hand, he never showed any GOAT skills other than movement, which won him some questionable decisions.

Really good analyst though.

#4 tied with Jose Aldo. behind Jones/GSP/Silva.

LOL . 30-35. Defintitley below Uriah. Too much of a puss to go up in weight an challenge Edgar and / or Aldo like Uriah did. Got slapped around the cage by garbrandt- it wasn't even competitive. Ducking Tj as we speak. His punching power makes Michael bisping look like rumble Johnson. Pointless and ineffective footwork. Overrated as all hell. Finished by Faber. Couldn't finish Faber.

LOL . 30-35. Defintitley below Uriah. Too much of a puss to go up in weight an challenge Edgar and / or Aldo like Uriah did. Got slapped around the cage by garbrandt- it wasn't even competitive. Ducking Tj as we speak. His punching power makes Michael bisping look like rumble Johnson. Pointless and ineffective footwork. Overrated as all hell. Finished by Faber. Couldn't finish Faber.
1/10

Ahead of Jones. He was the best for longer and never tested positive despite his body falling apart and the temptation probably being very strong.

<TheWire1>

I've never been a fan of his, but I'd say around 20 or so. He's like a mixture of GSP's fight IQ and Forrest Griffin's skillset

he's up there

his knees on the other hand are near the bottom

I've never been a fan of his, but I'd say around 20 or so. He's like a mixture of GSP's fight IQ and Forrest Griffin's skillset

Second dumbest post in this thread by far.

Comparing Cruz's skillset to Griffins, neuter yourself.

GSP, Aldo, Silva, Jones, Fedor, then Cruz and MM.

Well from like 2010-2012 he was def top 5 p4p best . Id still cement him as a top 10 guy. 22-2, like 6 title defenses, wins over mighty mouse, TJ, prime Faber twice, and prime Benavidez twice. Would have slaughtered Barao too. Hope to see him back soon

Well from like 2010-2012 he was def top 5 p4p best . Id still cement him as a top 10 guy. 22-2, like 6 title defenses, wins over mighty mouse, TJ, prime Faber twice, and prime Benavidez twice. Would have slaughtered Barao too. Hope to see him back soon

Prime Faber twice? Lol more like once if any

MM beat prime J Bens twice, not Cruz.

J Bens was still growing as a fighter when he loss to Cruz

Back