How does Jones end DC?

TheTravelApprentice

Jon Jones, get your shit toget-
Banned
Reaction score
We all know Jones is going to win due to his superior size, athleticism, skills and blackness. So how does he beat him? Does he toy with him for 5 rounds again? Does he take him down and pound him out? Or does he catch his neck in a submission? Personally, I think he dominates him for 3 or 4 rounds then takes him down and pounds him out. What say you?

we actually don't know if jones will beat DC again.

jones didn't toy with DC at all, you guys need to stop acting like jones dominated.

We all know Jones is going to win due to his superior size, athleticism, skills and blackness. So how does he beat him? Does he toy with him for 5 rounds again? Does he take him down and pound him out? Or does he catch his neck in a submission? Personally, I think he dominates him for 3 or 4 rounds then takes him down and pounds him out. What say you?

Definitely blackness will be the predominant factor in this fight.

I doubt Jon can finish DC, but if he does, most likely it will be a submission or something.

we actually don't know if jones will beat DC again.
jones didn't toy with DC at all, you guys need to stop acting like jones dominated.

I used to say that on here as well, in fact, I looked up my old posts from the fight night and I posted that the fight was close.

Rewatched it a few weeks ago on Fight Pass - it was not a close fight. Jones didn't dominate throughout, but there were periods of times where Jones definitely dominated. DC never dominated.

Jones showed a lot more tools, versatility, and gained momentum as the fight went on. DC was exactly the opposite. He couldn't keep up his grinding-forward pace, was taking too much damage to land anything of his own, and lost control of the fight.

I would say confidently, as much as I dislike Jones as a person, he was head-and-shoulders the more talented fighter. Not to say DC isn't one of the great fighters of this generation, and very dangerous, both are true, but Jones is in actuality the king of freaks.

Jones pulled that off while partying on cocaine all night weeks before the fight.

If Jon shows up in shape and prepared, I think he is a substantial favorite.

I had an out of body prophetic experience of how this fight ends.

If you can find the thread you'll know.

Caution: It has spoilers :|

I used to say that on here as well, in fact, I looked up my old posts from the fight night and I posted that the fight was close.

Rewatched it a few weeks ago on Fight Pass - it was not a close fight. Jones didn't dominate throughout, but there were periods of times where Jones definitely dominated. DC never dominated.

Jones showed a lot more tools, versatility, and gained momentum as the fight went on. DC was exactly the opposite. He couldn't keep up his grinding-forward pace, was taking too much damage to land anything of his own, and lost control of the fight.

I would say confidently, as much as I dislike Jones as a person, he was head-and-shoulders the more talented fighter. Not to say DC isn't one of the great fighters of this generation, and very dangerous, both are true, but Jones is in actuality the king of freaks.

Jones pulled that off while partying on cocaine all night weeks before the fight.

it was a clear win for jones, but i don't see any part of that fight that i would consider a " domination ".

people love acting like jones just absolutely destroyed and embarrassed DC, it's weird.

it was a clear win for jones, but i don't see any part of that fight that i would consider a " domination ".

people love acting like jones just absolutely destroyed and embarrassed DC, it's weird.

I think that is a fair assessment.

My point was, when re-watching it recently, with clear eyes - as opposed to the adrenaline of seeing it in real-time fight night - I noticed a lot more subtlety in how well Jones did.

From the first bell ring he attacked the body and legs. The amount of technique he used was incredible - he kicked the inside and outside of every part of both of his legs - thighs, calves, knees. He stung the body multiple times. This was all fight IQ and obviously thoughtful.

In the clinch I remembered DC doing very well, but on a second watch I saw how good Jon did there himself, clobbering DC with elbows. It can be hard to judge in some sense because DC takes an impossible amount of damage without showing it. Watch murder-hitting shots from Gus and Rumble drop him like a sack of potatoes, and he bounces right back up.

My second viewing I learned a lot more about what went down.

We all know Jones is going to win due to his superior size, athleticism, skills and blackness.
giphy.gif

I think that is a fair assessment.

My point was, when re-watching it recently, with clear eyes - as opposed to the adrenaline of seeing it in real-time fight night - I noticed a lot more subtlety in how well Jones did.

From the first bell ring he attacked the body and legs. The amount of technique he used was incredible - he kicked the inside and outside of every part of both of his legs - thighs, calves, knees. He stung the body multiple times. This was all fight IQ and obviously thoughtful.

In the clinch I remembered DC doing very well, but on a second watch I saw how good Jon did there himself, clobbering DC with elbows. It can be hard to judge in some sense because DC takes an impossible amount of damage without showing it. Watch murder-hitting shots from Gus and Rumble drop him like a sack of potatoes, and he bounces right back up.

My second viewing I learned a lot more about what went down.
i just don't think DC gets enough credit for that fight or in general, dude gets so much unwarranted hate.

in like every single fight he's at a height, reach and age disadvantage but he still walks your ass down. DC is impressive as hell.

does he catch his neck in a submission?
What neck? Lol.

If Jon were to submit him, it would probably be a kimura or something of the sort. If Jon wins again, it will probably be by decision again or maybe TKO doctor stoppage (cut).

If DC wins it will almost certainly be by 5 round decision although if he were somehow able to crack Jon's chin and drop him (never been done), he might be able to slap on a RNC and put him to sleep.

Idt Jones beats DC this time. I feel Jones lay off made him lack luster against OSP and now an even longer layoff coming back to fight a guy so much more well rounded. The layoff will hurt him in this fight. DC wins by TKO. Not sure what round though. He catches Jones in this fight, DC has been active and fought and beat everyone.

i just don't think DC gets enough credit for that fight or in general, dude gets so much unwarranted hate.

in like every single fight he's at a height, reach and age disadvantage but he still walks your ass down. DC is impressive as hell.

Truly he is one of the toughest fighters to ever compete, and considering the field of all-time MMA, that is saying a lot. There is no version of DC that will roll over in a fight.

Ironically, I think his style of constant pressure worked against him with Jones, in his own words, he wasn't used to 'taking damage' as fights wore on where he was implementing his style. The cost of walking down Jones was just too high and he was getting constantly touched up.

I don't really know what the answer is for DC to win this fight, in my mind - outside of the 'anything can happen' factor in MMA, he has no easy path to victory. In my mind, DC has to fight his perfect fight to beat Jon Jones.

For his part, Jon Jones partied on cocaine and still walked through those 5 rounds relatively unscathed.

I think Jones beats DC into retirement just by being Jon Jones a very high IQ fighter with extreme athletic fighting ability. Have no doubt Winklejohn will have Jon well prepared with a few bag of tricks especially designed for DC.

I have this feeling that this fight don't go all 5rds I think Jon beats up on DC's gotta make weight stressed body with wind sucking kicks and stop your motion oblique, teep, & snap kicks. I see DC fighting his way inside trying to do dirty work only to eat a spinning hellbow to the temple. Or a desperate DC diving in for a TD and meets a brain separating flying knee.

That was just Jones using his abnormal reach to step on someones knee, the same he does with his open fingers, nothing to do with fight IQ.

Back