Chiesas' appeal is dismissed by OSAC - the rage beings !

Defanged

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission decided there “wasn’t enough evidence” to overturn referee Mario Yamasaki’s decision to stop the headlining contest in the first round.

Chiesa cited Yamasaki’s “long history of failing to meet the standards officials are held to” in his formal appeal. The lightweight was very vocal in his outrage with the ref’s stoppage from the get-go, claiming he was never unconscious and was still defending himself. UFC president Dana White shared the lightweight’s discontentment.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/osac-dismisses-michael-chiesas-appeal-ufc-fight-night-112

Chiesas didn't look like he was in a position to defend himself well or do much. I was fine with the stoppage - I like this ruling.

I hate Lee but Chiesa always throws temper tantrums whenever he loses

I guess we'll never know for sure, but sucks for him

Lee moves on, Michael, a step back

It will be interesting to see who he fights next.. Which I have no idea

100% agree with the referee decision and the AC's decision to not overturn the result.

Lol at fighters trying to win fights in the court. Chiesa should've thought twice before trying to grapple with Kevin GOATlee

Would like to see his reaction to getting a rematch and getting starch e again in the first round

Maybe if he didn't throw a hissy fit over a mom comment he wouldn't look like such a pylon now

For a dude that looks like a lumberjack, he sure carries on like a little bitch.
I personally agree with the stoppage. Even if he thinks it was early, he should realise the best way to avoid an early stoppage is to not get into the position where one could be made. I.e don't have a dude on your back with a deep ass choke in, ya goof

"The Rage Beings!" sounds like a 50's horror movie.

Fighth should never have been stopped. I don't know how seeing him not tap isn't enough evidence. Seems like the only evidence needed.

The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission decided there “wasn’t enough evidence” to overturn referee Mario Yamasaki’s decision to stop the headlining contest in the first round.

Chiesa cited Yamasaki’s “long history of failing to meet the standards officials are held to” in his formal appeal. The lightweight was very vocal in his outrage with the ref’s stoppage from the get-go, claiming he was never unconscious and was still defending himself. UFC president Dana White shared the lightweight’s discontentment.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/osac-dismisses-michael-chiesas-appeal-ufc-fight-night-112

Chiesas didn't look like he was in a position to defend himself well or do much. I was fine with the stoppage - I like this ruling.
<Oku02>

WHAAAAAT!!!!????!!!!

The court didn't rule in favor of the "I was gonna flex my neck and jaw muscles against his forearms and biceps for 28 seconds" defense?

I think an appeal to a higher court is in order.

Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.JPG

Take it how you will, but Chiesa was dominated the whole fight, and was stuck in a horrible position that he likely wasn't getting out of.

23 seconds left to survive, I just don't see how he'd have done it.

Does this come as a surprise to anyone? I mean you can pretty much bet your house that an AC won't go back on their competition rulings.

He was in a very bad position and most likely very close to going to sleep. I didn't mind the stoppage at all, there have been far worse.

The worse thing in this is the Commission's continued asinine reaction to 12-6 elbows.

Chisea better make sure he simply doesn't get himself in positions like that from now on.

I just want the referees to be consistent.

Either stop submissions based on "not defending themself" OR sleep/tap. As it is right now 99% of the time referees stop the fight based on the latter. Mario stopped based on the former so obviously people are going to complain.

For a dude that looks like a lumberjack, he sure carries on like a little bitch.
I personally agree with the stoppage. Even if he thinks it was early, he should realise the best way to avoid an early stoppage is to not get into the position where one could be made. I.e don't have a dude on your back with a deep ass choke in, ya goof
your agreement is irrelevant. It was an error on marios part. This wasn't a tko. He did not tap or go to sleep

He was fucking out for a millisecond. Legit loss. Get over it. It was humiliating because Kevin "Chang" Lee and him talked all that shit and he got destroyed... this appeal is pure bullshit

Back