Is this a legitimate striking technique?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Stevenson-Fake-Superman-punch.gif

yes if you land it 100x in a row I would image it will kill someone.

It's an example of a laughably terrible attempt at a "feint".

And it's a perfect example of why fans of other combat sports make fun of MMA striking.

Remember lads, this dude hitting nothing but air was one of BJs title wins. Best lightweight ever smh

Remember lads, this dude hitting nothing but air was one of BJs title defence wins. Best lightweight ever smh

I believe it was for a vacant belt and Sean Sherk was on a "holiday".

Remember lads, this dude hitting nothing but air was one of BJs title wins. Best lightweight ever smh

Which is why I always bring this up during BJ is GOAT LW threads.

It's just a silly type of feint to get the opponent used to a type of movement.

It can help later on when setting up something off a combination but that's about it.

It'd probably a pretty dangerous strike if it was performed by Santiago Ponzinibbio.

It's just a silly type of feint to get the opponent used to a type of movement.

It can help later on when setting up something off a combination but that's about it.

It'd probably a pretty dangerous strike if it was performed by Santiago Ponzinibbio.

Silly feint lol...looks like a shitty superman punch, in which most people fail to sell the leg kick feint.

He trained with GSP for a bit and thought he could do it...but it's legit. Look at that reaction time. If he was closer and his arm was longer, the would've snapped his opponents head back. Poor Joe

It is called a tornado punch. He generates enough force that the air knocks the guy down. That gif is missing the next 2 seconds where the guy on the left flies into the side of the cage and is KO'd.

Silly feint lol...looks like a shitty superman punch, in which most people fail to sell the leg kick feint.

It is a shitty superman punch but the best it can be used for at that range is a set up feint for a different combination. I'm not praising the fighter's technique i'm just stating that it can be used to set other shit up.

1juio7.gif

It is a shitty superman punch but the best it can be used for at that range is a set up feint for a different combination. I'm not praising the fighter's technique i'm just stating that it can be used to set other shit up.

method=get&s=gsp-carlos-condit-gif.gif

giphy.gif

Back