MW division was super stacked but that could change very quickly.

Roca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Champion : Michael Bisping
1 Robert Whittaker (Interim Champion)
2 Yoel Romero
3 Luke Rockhold
4 Jacare Souza
5 Chris Weidman
6 Anderson Silva
7 Derek Brunson
8 Kelvin Gastelum
9 David Branch
10 Krzysztof Jotko
11 Vitor Belfort
12 Thales Leites
13 Tim Boetsch
14 Uriah Hall
15 Thiago Santos

Gegard bailed out too Bellator. Rockhold is too busy hanging out with Angelina Jolie to bother fighting. Weidman's star is falling hard and another loss this weekend is going to really hurt his standing. Bisping, Romero and Jacare are old and will retire soonish.

In a year or so we could have:

Champion : Robert Whittaker (Legit Motherfucker)
1 Kelvin Gastelum (Chubby WW, maybe legit MW)
2 Chris Weidman
3 Derek Brunson
4 David Branch
5 Krzysztof Jotko
6 Thales Leites
7 Tim Boetsch
8 Uriah Hall
9 Thiago Santos

That would make LHW look good

<6>

yes, if there aren't any new fighters, MW is fucked

The divisions are almost all cyclical (LW and WW have a large enough, worldwide talent pool that they rarely get to the point of being weak, but the others all do). Who knows how many (or conversely, if any) new stars will establish themselves in the next couple years. Who was Whittaker a couple years ago?

Yeah. WME really messed it up actually. If I am Jacare I say fuck them. They completely ruined his chance. Yoel is getting old too.

Bisping is literally one of the worst champions in UFC history. It sucks because I am a fan but jeez man. When you fight Dan henderson in 2016 for a world title.....I cant defend that

The divisions are almost all cyclical (LW and WW have a large enough, worldwide talent pool that they rarely get to the point of being weak, but the others all do). Who knows how many (or conversely, if any) new stars will establish themselves in the next couple years. Who was Whittaker a couple years ago?

Oh yeah, divisons are definitely cycical and a new star can rise out of nowhere. I'm not saying MW is dead but if we don't get a couple exciting fighters coming in the next couple of years then what I've outline is a possibility and it's not a good looking one.

Indeed which is why LW is my favorite division. It will always have contenders and be competitive...All the heavier divisions will have WME fucking with them,the talent is small and them bitches don't like to pay people.

I was trying to justify to myself that it would still be a solid division but I have to be honest with myself. It's gonna get rough in the upcoming years.

I was trying to justify to myself that it would still be a solid division but I have to be honest with myself. It's gonna get rough in the upcoming years.
Yeah. I think LHW is in some trouble too. Jones and Cormier and Gus.....

Everyone else LITERALLY sucks. No disrespect but its either mid level fighters like OSP or wayyyyy over the hill fighters like Shogun. I mean fucking Shogun is ranked number 6....I love Shogun but my goodness

Weidman going from 5 to 2 ?

giphy.gif

Weidman going from 5 to 2 ?

giphy.gif

Well who knows, I just removed old and inactive fighters from the current rankings, he got bumped by default. If no new blood comes in he very well could be.

They can always choose to push and promote some prospects, which we will probably see soon.

Champion : Michael Bisping
1 Robert Whittaker (Interim Champion)
2 Yoel Romero
3 Luke Rockhold
4 Jacare Souza
5 Chris Weidman
6 Anderson Silva
7 Derek Brunson
8 Kelvin Gastelum
9 David Branch
10 Krzysztof Jotko
11 Vitor Belfort
12 Thales Leites
13 Tim Boetsch
14 Uriah Hall
15 Thiago Santos

Gegard bailed out too Bellator. Rockhold is too busy hanging out with Angelina Jolie to bother fighting. Weidman's star is falling hard and another loss this weekend is going to really hurt his standing. Bisping, Romero and Jacare are old and will retire soonish.

In a year or so we could have:

Champion : Robert Whittaker (Legit Motherfucker)
1 Kelvin Gastelum (Chubby WW, maybe legit MW)
2 Chris Weidman
3 Derek Brunson
4 David Branch
5 Krzysztof Jotko
6 Thales Leites
7 Tim Boetsch
8 Uriah Hall
9 Thiago Santos

That would make LHW look good

<6>
How does Chris hold on to 3rd?

How does Chris hold on to 3rd?

who knows, I just removed old and inactive fighters from the current rankings, he got bumped by default. If no new blood comes in he very well could be.

That dude that just thrashed Bamgbose looks good

MW is very top heavy, and with the guys at the top being old, the future doesn't look so bright.

Guys like Giles and Anders could do well though.

Back