If Stipe beats Cain, is he the greatest UFC HW of all time?

TheTravelApprentice

Jon Jones, get your shit toget-
Banned
Reaction score
He'll have the record for title defenses and will have beaten every great HW of this era. What say you, sherdoge?

Absolutely. And if Cain mauls him, the "what if" posts will never die.

Yes. Who would be his competition for that title if he beats Cain?

UFC HW? mmmm i guess.

I still am just kinda hesitant though. I mean i think he great and everything but I'd like to see him against someone not over the hill.

Problem is its hw and no one is....

No but if he can beat cain that would get him on step closer. I believe Cain mauls him.

They're all getting old and way past their prime. Maybe if Stipe had beat them all 5 years ago...

On paper and accomplishments wise...yes.

True skill and prime for prime and head to head? Not so sure. I think there are a few UFC HWs from the past that could beat him. Although he does match up good against everybody too because of his wrestling and boxing skills.

Disclaimer: this is only UFC. If we are talking all time history of MMA heavyweights he is still not top 5 all time.

Yeah holy fuck it just might happen, Stipe hit his prime at the perfect time in the aging heavyweight division. He's coming to shatter big Tim's title defense record lol.

cain n ngannou(if he beats jds) would do it for me.

Disclaimer: this is only UFC. If we are talking all time history of MMA heavyweights he is still not top 5 all time.
Who are the 5 ahead? I could see an argument for Fedor and Nog I guess but other than that?

This is the one question that sherdog can agree politely with each other on

They're all getting old and way past their prime. Maybe if Stipe had beat them all 5 years ago...
This.

I think one thing that hurts Stipe in terms of legacy is that if these wins were coming 5 or 6 years ago they would've been a hell of a lot more impressive.

-Overeem, werdum, hunt, and jds aren't at their peaks anymore. Stipe is obviously very good, but still, hes a fighter of great timing, same as weidman was, so these wins obviously mean a lot less than they would've years go.

Yes...Undisputed.

0BVDX8g.gif

Back