Big names (Conor, etc.) getting low ratings is the real reason they are not on TV?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
I rememebr fools here saying that the first UFC on Fox event (Cain v. JDS 1) would do AT LEAST 10 million viewers. It ended up peaking at 6.5 million.

I've always felt that a reason big name fighters are not on TV was to prevent them from being exposed as not that popular.

For instance, Aldo-McGregor would have very likely been the highest rated FOX show ever. But what if it peaked only at 7 million? Still technically the highest rated show but not by much.

Knowledge that the UFC's biggest star can only do 7 million views on TV will lead to low(er)ball offers from networks. But if Conor is hidden behind a PPV wall, networks may assume that Conor can do 20 million views and up their offers accordingly.

Everything else being he same, what would TV ratings have been for Nate-Conor 2?

Jones-Cormier 2?

Why would they put conor on free tv when they can get 1 million+buys on a ppv with him? Lol

Obviously the ufc will get good ratings if they have a star fighting, the problem is, unless a star is fighting, casuals have pretty much lost interest in mma.

ufc just isn't as popular as you think

the answer to any numeric question on sherdog is always the same:

Sw20Un3.jpg

Sounds like a conspiracy theory... Big name fighters are on ppv because the company makes more money that way

I'm sure it's because they actually realize how much more cash they can make through PPV buys.

Back