Thiago Alves will pick Platinum apart

Perry is exciting aa hell, he will only get better. But this time he will eat too many kicks. He isn't ready

Am I the only one that feels that?
You´re right, TS. Alves by Muay Thai destruction.
hughes-vs-alves.jpg.gif

Yeah I agree, Alves wins by KO/TKO in the second round

I'd like to think so, but Thiago has been taking a lot of damage recently, and as we've seen when Perry connects he connects hard.
I'd love to see Thiago pick up a win, but I don't hold much hope

lol Thiago getting KTFO

i used to love watching alves, i will root for him against perry,but i feel he's to shop worn now.

I'd like to think so, but Thiago has been taking a lot of damage recently, and as we've seen when Perry connects he connects hard.
I'd love to see Thiago pick up a win, but I don't hold much hope
Yeah if this is a durability contest Thiago is going to wind up on the wrong end of it.

I feel yesterday's Alves could have eaten up Perry's legs fairly handily but I'm not sure that guy still exists anymore.

He's been taking a lot of damage lately. He's had one hell of a career but I think they are feeding a withered great to a hungry prospect.

i used to love watching alves, i will root for him against perry,but i feel he's to shop worn now.
Yup, Alves was a monster. Was, unfortunately he hasnt looked very good in a longggg time. Looks like an easy fight for platinum imo

I hope so.
Not a Perry fan in the least.

Alves has the tools to win, but like others mentioned already, he's taken a lot of damage in his last fights and as much as I dislike Perry's persona, he hits like a truck.

Still, Perry seems very susceptible to lowkicks and Alves still has some of the best lowkicks in the game. Alves seemed to have fixed some wholes in his game regarding his footwork, as he showed in his last fight. So I'm going with an hardfought UD for Thiago.

you are guys are remembering pre-USADA Alves, the wrecking machine. Alves, like Weidman, Hendrix and others, is a victim of enhanced drug testing and is not the same guy. This guy is long gone:
images

Platinum beats modern day Alves:
images

Back