Translated article: Reza "Mad dog" Madadi leaving Ufc

Winebrandt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Recently cut Reza Madadi talked to a Swedish newspaper about his split with the ufc today, and im just going to translate some qoutes..

"I love what i do but we are fighting for slave salary, i dont think its fair"

He exits ufc with 3 wins and 4 losses, Wins against Michael Johnson, Yan Cabral and Yoislandy Izquierdo.
He says he chose to leave even though he got an offer from Ufc.

"There are many reasons, but mostly because i dont feel appreciated by the organisation and surroundings. I have fought 7 times with a record of 3-4, but everybody knows it should have been 5-2. I got robbed against both Christiano Marcello and Joaquim Silva"

About the Joaquim Silva loss..

"I took the fight on short notice, made weight and gave a good fight. The ones who know MMA saw that i was robbed, but no one has apologized. I have stood up every time ive stepped in the cage. Im disappointed that i dont got any appreciation"

"You fight for 5-6 thousand dollars and you cant have your own sponsors. I love what i do but we fight for slave payment. i dont think its fair"

Do you feel sad leaving the ufc with a bitter taste?

"I am used to it. i have been in wars my whole life and only movies have happy endings. No one can ever say that i have not delivered and been a warrior"

Its unclear today where maddog chooses to continue his career but offers are not lacking

"I have had some really good offers, from good organisations. So i will get back on the train soon

Roughly translated to my own best ability, from an article in the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet
(Article in Swedish, just want to provide the source)
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/a/99WRp/mad-dog-slutar-i-ufc-slass-for-slavloner

Last edited:
He brings it most of the time, and too bad he chose to leave but not a loss that has any impact on the division.
He clearly lost his fight against Silva tho, there was no robbery.

Edit; btw TS your title says he was cut, but he wasn't since they made him an offer which Madadi declined.

Reza should still be in jail the scumbag should be happy for any work he can get.

Yeah, go rob a bank again and get thrown back in jail, asshole. Good riddance

Make sense.
He can make more money by robbery.
Doesn't need to be in UFC.

White blue eyes= no
Brazilian= no
Afro american gangsta= no
Scary muslim = no
Quiet asian = no

= Cut

"There are many reasons, but mostly because i dont feel appreciated by the organisation and surroundings. I have fought 7 times with a record of 3-4, but everybody knows it should have been 5-2. I got robbed against both Christiano Marcello and Joaquim Silva"

About the Joaquim Silva loss..

"I took the fight on short notice, made weight and gave a good fight. The ones who know MMA saw that i was robbed, but no one has apologized. I have stood up every time ive stepped in the cage. Im disappointed that i dont got any appreciation"
Few problems here.

1. "everybody knows it should have been..." No, clearly not. If so, he'd have different record.

2. "The ones who know MMA saw that i was robbed" So anyone who states otherwise does not know MMA? :D Well, that's a ridiculous statement if I ever saw one. Basically he just listens to those that agree with his opinion.

3. "I took the fight on short notice" Nobody forced you and now you use your own decision as excuse.

4. Appreciation is deserved, not demanded or whined after for. You have not done enough if you don't have it, or your personality/performance is not as radiant as you think.

The opinion about fighter salary and reebok deal stands true though.

Funny thing he says he got "robbed". And he absolutely did not, he didn't do shit in that fight.
He's a fkn disgrace to the Swedish MMA-scene and I would have loved to see him released after being KTFO'd but whatever... bye bich.

If he was offered a new contract it means he wasn't cut.

Reza should just shut the fuck up. He is an disgrace to the sport. The only robbery he has been a part of was the one he committed himself.
Been caught one time that is, you don´t start your criminal career with robbery.

Just a criminal scum that if sweden had a real justice system would still be in prison.

Oh and btw, do not click on that link. Aftonbladet is one of the worst "news"papers in sweden.

"I am used to it. i have been in wars my whole life and only movies have happy endings"

Lol that's a great quote and Reza always brought it and was tough as they come. Seems to be on the decline anyway so will have some fun match ups elsewhere if nothing else

I can see how he was expecting a little more extra after taking that very appreciated short notice fight against Silva at 109.

It was a good fight, and despite crumbling at the end, Reza came close to winning despite being tired as hell (unanimously won round 1, and one judge gave him round 2 as well)
For a while there a few swedish fans thought he should've won the fight, but I think we were swayed by the fact that the entire arena cheered as soon as Reza landed.
And after rewatching round2, the most of that round was just Reza taking punishment against the fence. So I have to give it to Silva for being the agressor.
1. "everybody knows it should have been..." No, clearly not. If so, he'd have different record.
Are you saying that on principle - a record never lies?
So there have never been any robbery decisions in UFC history? (Bising vs Hammil, Sanchez vs Pearson etc)

Not saying Reza was robbed, just reacting to this as a general concept..

Last edited:
Despite his sketchy past, I really like Reza. He's an interesting character to say the least.

Most importantly I like his style. Really goes after it like a mad dog, very fitting nickname.
His wrestling is dynamic, he scrambles for position tirelessly and mixes in shots on the ground well.

Not really upset about him leaving, he would never become champ, top 15 at best. I'll just watch him beat up some bums in another org. Hope he gets a good deal so he won't have to go back to crime.

Back