Someday, will Jon Jones have his Mike Tyson moment.....

Reaction score
where he gets clobberred by some guy (in iron mikes case the underachieving/inspired Buster Douglas)

Jon plays with fire in some of his fights and definately doesn't live the lifestyle of a champion. He is also a bad person and destiny sometimes shits on those people. Jackson Wink is what keeps him grounded in the octagon, but I have to think someday all of this will bite him in the ass.

I believe he will bite someone someday, it's just a matter of time.

yes.... is happening soon by Daniel Cormier.

coke-free Jones gets smoked like salmon.

and don't forget all that crusty ring rust.

I'm disappointed, I hoped this was going to be about Jones biting someones ear off.
Tyson had more than one moment.

JJ is a good guy,, he use to tell on kids who sold weed at school, and he also saved an old ladys handbag, just coz he cokes doesn't mean he has to like weed dealers, which most here do deal and sit on sherdog allday

JJ is a good guy,, he use to tell on kids who sold weed at school, and he also saved an old ladys handbag, just coz he cokes doesn't mean he has to like weed dealers, which most here do deal and sit on sherdog allday

Doing hard drugs while reporting people who smoke weed is like driving constantly through red lights and giving shit to people who cross the street on an unmarked spot when there's no car in 5 mile radius.

I could go on with analogies, but the bottom line is:

1) It makes you (JJ) look like an idiot
2) It proves you know NO facts about weed
3) It makes you (JJ) a hypocrite

I do agree that doing drugs can be totally unrelated to what kind of a person you are in a sense of good or bad, though.

where he gets clobberred by some guy (in iron mikes case the underachieving/inspired Buster Douglas)

Jon plays with fire in some of his fights and definately doesn't live the lifestyle of a champion. He is also a bad person and destiny sometimes shits on those people. Jackson Wink is what keeps him grounded in the octagon, but I have to think someday all of this will bite him in the ass.

A Mike Tyson moment would be if Jones moved to Glendale Fight Club, trained under Edmond and then lost.

That's exactly what happened to Mike Tyson. Don King(perhaps the most evil, famous, and richest boxing promoter/manager to ever live) eventually isolated Mike Tyson from all the trainers that he grew up with. From that point on, Mike Tyson's skills deteriorated quickly. Without his original training camp, it only took 18 months or so before Tyson lost.

Had Tyson not been persuaded by Don King, he would have had a longer more successful career. Maybe he would have even gone undefeated.

The story is even more interesting when you consider that Tyson's original trainer (Cus D'Amato, a white Italian from the Bronx) adopted Tyson as his son after his mother died. Tyson's father had abandoned him when he was born. Cus D'amato was Tyson's main father figure throughout his life, but died before Tyson became heavyweight champion. Afterwards, he stuck with his original training camp, until Don King came along.

And that was the start of his downfall.
It's amazing how poor training can ruin even the best of athletes.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I will enjoy watching bitter idiots make shitty threads about his demise.

A Mike Tyson moment would be if Jones moved to Glendale fight club, trained under Edmond and then lost.

That's exactly what happened to Mike Tyson. Don King(perhaps the most evil, famous, and richest boxing promoter/manager to ever live) isolated Mike Tyson from all the trainers that he grew up with. From the point on, Mike Tyson's skills deteriorated quickly. Without his original training camp, it only took 18 months or so before Tyson lost.

Had Tyson not been persuaded by Don King, he would have had a longer more successful career. Maybe he would have even gone undefeated.

Just my opinion, Lennox Lewis posed alot of problems for mike and Evander Holyfield could of beat him

If he fights long enough, of course he will lose and will likely look past his prime when it happens. Is normal.

Mike Tyson was vastly overrated, is the difference.

Posts like these are wishful thinking. Which says a lot about the mental state of those posting shit like this

A Mike Tyson moment would be if Jones moved to Glendale Fight Club, trained under Edmond and then lost.

That's exactly what happened to Mike Tyson. Don King(perhaps the most evil, famous, and richest boxing promoter/manager to ever live) eventually isolated Mike Tyson from all the trainers that he grew up with. From that point on, Mike Tyson's skills deteriorated quickly. Without his original training camp, it only took 18 months or so before Tyson lost.

The story is even more interesting when you consider that Tyson's original trainer (Cus D'Amato, a white Italian from the Bronx) adopted Tyson as his son after his mother died. Tyson's father had abandoned him when he was born. Cus D'amato was Tyson's main father figure throughout his life, but died before Tyson became heavyweight champion. Afterwards, he stuck with his original training camp, until Don King came along.

And that was the start of his downfall.
It's amazing how poor training can ruin even the best of athletes.

check the timeline of RRousey AFTER she met Her Fiance Browne.............. He was a Huge Change. She got laid,played and then filieted.
You are a 100% right on Don King taking Tyson over. Drugs ,women, no discipline,focus,support(sycopants for king instead) . Not only did Tyson lose the fight and subsequent ones. HE LOST HIS A$$ financially also.

I predict the same for Rhonda. Ones significant Others makes a Huge difference. JJones is SAVED by Jackson Wink Camp and his fellow fighters on a multidimensional level. Jackson/Wink have Kept JJones out of prison ala Diego Sanchez and others in ABQ

Last edited:
I think he will have a Mike Tyson where he tells his next opponent I'm gonna eat your children, or I'm gonna fuck you till you love me.

It's a matter of time.

Rumble would've been the one to do that to him. Part of me hopes that DC somehow just knocks him out in the rematch though, that would be poetic.

Back